Detroit 4-71 throttle control

Little off topic but i know ya'll can help. I have a Galion 118b with a 4-71 that hasn't ran in 7 years. I attempted to start it after all these years. bled the system, started it with rack stuck, removed the injectors loosen the racks, now it runs idles but only using the lever on the governor, but the input via throttle pedal or hand doesn't have an effect on rpms. I knows this sounds crazy me asking but the machine has been vandalized and all the gauges broken so the crazy part i haven't checked the oil pressure yet, I will replace next time I start it. The question does the throttle input require a certain amount of oil pressure to operate rpms? and how scarey is working on a detroit governor? Thanks

I would think if the throttle works from the governor than the problem would be between the linkage from the governor to the foot / hand throttle. I don't recall a limited throttle through the oil pressure switch. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Little off topic but i know ya'll can help. I have a Galion 118b with a 4-71 that hasn't ran in 7 years. I attempted to start it after all these years. bled the system, started it with rack stuck, removed the injectors loosen the racks, now it runs idles but only using the lever on the governor, but the input via throttle pedal or hand doesn't have an effect on rpms. I knows this sounds crazy me asking but the machine has been vandalized and all the gauges broken so the crazy part i haven't checked the oil pressure yet, I will replace next time I start it. The question does the throttle input require a certain amount of oil pressure to operate rpms? and how scarey is working on a detroit governor? Thanks

Detroit does not have a governor it has a Mayor ! sorry had too, Do you feel any better now ?