b61 oil bath air cleaner

post-12952-0-94364000-1367168894_thumb.jHey guys! I have claned out and reconditioned my original air cleaner assy and am wondering about oil level. It has the fill line embossed on side and my book says about 1 qt will do so does that mean I just fill the outer ring or do I fill the middle bottom up to? I am thinking the outer bowl only because it would take more that a qt to fill whole bottom. Thanks! Darren

the middle bowl i think has holes all around it? cant remember, some are different i know the turbo ones with the bonnet on top have a bown in the middle, think the one like you have are designed to have the new oil in the outerring and the 'dirty oil' thats used for filterin settles in the middle.... cant remember now. either way they oil bath was no where near as good as the paper type that Watts or Donaldson sells now but you would need the cab mount and fiberglass tube to change it over.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

It is the outer area that you can put a pint of clean oil in if you want to. If you work that truck, then you may want to put oil up to the line mark. It does not care how much you put in, it s a good design. Kind of reminds me of a K&N filter cause it needs washing out occasionally. It seems to me a more reasonable cost saving method cause, you only pay for a small amount of oil in which most of us have on our shelf. Just my penny's worth.

mike

Thanks for the info fellas! I appreciate all of the great knowledge and advice from all of you on this site. It has helped me big time! Going to try my hand at making some videos for you tube in the next few weeks. Thanks again everyone!