Another Sad Day

farmer52

Martin's Pastry owned five 1995 CH612 with low rise sleepers. Powertrain is the same as my MH = EM7-300 and T2050. When I bought my current MH, I asked Martin's and the Mack dealer to contact me when the CHs would be traded. Yesterday I sent a note to the Mack dealer and I received a reply....GONE!!! I replied asking if they were exported or what happened to them. I will let you know if I get any info.

So much for getting a heads up on purchasing another truck from Martin's. I will end this note before I go into a "rant". :angry:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

That's a shame Ken, would've been nice to have one to go with your "MH"!

I guess you're going to go back to buying Arnold rolls for your hamburgers and hot dogs!

Lets all support Ken on this------- No More Potato Rolls!

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the support. My money is on "export". The Mack salesman was not happy that I bought one of the MHs. The path to the MH was thru my contacts at Mack HQ.

Ken

I haven't supported martins since they sold the gibbles brand to deifenbaigh who shut down the brand. I knew back when they did that it was going to happen, and I think they did also.

I hadn't heard about this. When did it happen. Gibbles was the best chips around especially when they were cooked in lard. I guess I won't buy them anymore.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

I haven't supported martins since they sold the gibbles brand to deifenbaigh who shut down the brand. I knew back when they did that it was going to happen, and I think they did also.

I hadn't heard about this. When did it happen. Gibbles was the best chips around especially when they were cooked in lard. I guess I won't buy them anymore.

Mike and appledog,

Have you ever tried Martins (different Martins) Kettle cooked chips, plain and barbecue, they're pretty damn good.

Reminds me a lot of Conn's potato chips from out in Ohio.

When my brother Tom and I used to stop at Hebron we never left there with less than three or four bags!

A couple of green onion and a couple of barbecue!

We usually only had about two left by the time we got back to West Chester!

Ron

• Like 1

Don't recognize those brand names. May not make it to NH.

Sorry to hear that you weren't even allowed to try and make a deal for a CH. If the dealer is that friendly, time to buy your parts elsewhere.

I do not buy parts from the dealer so that is not an issue. But they are definitely on the "do not patronize" list.

Ken

Yes Ron we buy martins chips, order them over gibbles anyway,although I have a soft spot for the gibbles red hots which there are still a few bags around. Just read yesterday where the fella that bought gibbles and then shut it down is now being sued by his former employer over some shady business deals.