Ok so I seen a few posts about this engine and started a post a few months ago about weather to replace or rebuild my 711. After getting to ride in a b81 that has a 250 in it I really like the thought of running this engine in my truck plus a few of.you guys recommended doing this in my other post. A friend of mine told.me the 250 is hard to come by anymore witch I beleave him but I just wanted to get some input on the exact years trucks this engine came in or any companys out there that deal with used Mack engines. Thanks

Rudy

What does this 711 need? And what do you want out of it? Know this........if ya want it bad enough.......it is out there for ya. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ mike

The 711 runs ok as far as I can tell but its not the original engine to the truck its out of a r model or somthing newer. I can't run the power steering pump I have for it because of the way the oil filter housing is and the coolent maniflolds not being right. I know its not a big deal to make it work but since its not right to begin with and the truck didn't come that way I might as well make it the way I want it and have a bit more power too lol