Remember the Mack Marshall?

Ron, How true a statement. I'm reminded everyday of how great it was back then. I think they said 1 out of every 3 people will get alzheimers. Your right that no one can take them away. Down here I feel that they are building high rises or office buildings everywhere. The new generation is encouraged to live downtown. Where I remember a drive-in theater they build a warehouse and next thing you see, the building has been boarded up and sit for years. Frankly, I don't want to see us become another Chicago or Atlanta. Enough said.

mike

Mike,

What's a Drive-In, is that anything like the"Passion Pit"?

Ron

Mark,

They were great times indeed!

I was in the attic at Luddy's rooting around for manifolds for a military engine I was converting over to put in our "U" model, I bet Vinny's ears will perk up now!

Any way when I got up there, unattended, the first thing I noticed was a left rear quarter panel hanging from the the rafters for either an H-61 or an early H-63 I don't remember

which it was for now but it had the quarter round windows in it for the sleeper, this was probably in '82 or '83! , right after Charlie Horner took it over.

As far as Luddy goes, God rest is soul, he was one hell of nice guy and really, as you said, knew his stuff. The only thing you didn't want to do was go for a ride with

him in that old black Ford pick-up! He gave me a ride from his place to Garden State Diesel one time so they could do some hurry up pump work for us and when we got got back to his

place he said "Ronnie when there done with the pump I'll give you a ride back over to pick it up" I nicely said that I apreciated that but I was going to go over and wait

for it. Maybe I could hurry them up a little, I still had to get the pump, go back to West Chester, put the pump back on, and have the truck ready to leave by 6 o'clock

that night! And it did leave at 6 o'clock!

This was all true but even if it wasn't I was not getting back in that pick-up with him! Luddy didn't pay a whole lot of attention to those eight sided red signs!

For that matter, my brother Tommie and I rode up to Macungie with Charlie Horner to see our first "MH's" built and that wasn't a bargain either!

Are you going to be at Macungie?? would love to sit down and bullshit with you!

Ron

Ron,indeed i wil be at Macungie this year! believe it or not,first time ever (to the show) and yes,i am ashamed of myself,especially living 2 hours away in South Jersey for 40 plus years! i too am really looking forward to some of the people on BMT,nice to put a face to the text,and i can sure talk a lot faster then i can type!.................................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Ron,indeed i wil be at Macungie this year! believe it or not,first time ever (to the show) and yes,i am ashamed of myself,especially living 2 hours away in South Jersey for 40 plus years! i too am really looking forwrad to some of the people on BMT,nice to put a face to the text,and i can sure talk a faster then i can type!.................................................Mark

I'll be there too.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg