Registry: MACK DM800

paul roncetti

Paul

Congrats on the new truck, did not picture you for a U model man, thought you were more hard core with a DM or at least an R.

How is the body work on it? It was on CL for awhile so I figured it just had some mud thrown at it and paint blown on it to sell.

I am surprised you have not got a superliner yet for your lowboy hauler to bring your trucks to the shows.

If you decide to sell the B81 from GA keep me in mind

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I believe it will be the GA and Springfield trucks.

So you plan to convert the U model into a heavy haul winch tractor, convert the DM800 into a Rizzo DM800 and keep the SI B81 as is and sell the MA B81 and the B81 that came from Long Island and went to GA then NH?

Keeping SI as is and the DM800 as is and more than likely the U Model as is. Buy another DM800 and build into a Rizzo truck. Not sure which way to go yet on a winch truck, however the MA B81 could be a possability, it has the best cab of the 3 B 81's. The best runner as far as starting after long shut downs, holds air for 3 days, no oil leaks, cylinders for dump in best shape, is the GA truck.

RONCETTI

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe it is the original body but it has been on the truck since I first saw it in the 80s.

I will say its the truck that gets the most attention of mine, had another guy walk in this week after looking at it and wanted to know if it was for sale. Wish I had pics of it 20 years ago.

RONCETTI

Would probably cut down on the confusion to call it a Long Island truck because that's what it is.

Sean, I forgot who you said owned it when you drove it before it went to NJ? Was it a Kevin McKnight? Also was this after Sperzio owned it or before, not sure of the spelling. I think originally it was Gotham Sand that bought it. Later it went to NJ and then to GA.

RONCETTI