2007 mp8 mack

Im haveing alot of trouble with the dpf system on this truck and i have 3 other trucks just like it. They all have a loss of power and when i plug up to it with v-cads pro it show soot levels high. Bruckners says that the particulate filter needs to be cleaned and that they take them off and send them to peterbuilt cause they have the mechine to do it. Idk if its somthing im missing on the pm or what. So when should i change out/clean the particulate filter?

Is the malfunction light on? Is there any codes? Is it regening for exessive amount of time or to many times through out the day?

This is a shot it the dark but maybe a plugged 7th injector? This could cause incomplete regens and/or excessive regens. Go into vcads and the EADs screen (exhaust aftertreatment screen) and check the 7th injector adapter factor. It will be a little graph with a dot in the middle. If the dot is in range the 7th injector should be ok, if its out of range its bad or plugged. Alot of times the injector tip plugs up so fuel barely goes into the exhaust. You can remove the injector and actually see that its clogged. The 2 5/16" or 8mm head bolts break, so be careful. If this is the problem clean the tip with carb cleaner and a toothbrush, replace the gaskets and bolts, and go back into the EADs screen and "reset the 7th injector adapter factor", then complete a regen.

Like I said thats kinda of a shot in the dark. We never remove and clean filters, we replace them when they're cracked but never remove and clean. My guess would be a clogged 7th injector since you are talking about 4 trucks total and the 7th injector does clog.

Make sure the flexpipe behind the turbo isnt cracked, this can cause incomplete regens and excessive time regens. It would also smoke while regening but most drivers never notice the smoke..

We have never had to remove a filter and have it cleaned on the CXU/CHU/GU models. We have some CXU's with 700,000 miles on the orignal filter. We had a few turbos go out and pump oil into them and we replaced them. Had a few EGR valve stick open and "face plug" the cat filter and we just blow it off with a blow gun ( while wearing a mask). Gotta be something else wrong going on.