Roseanne Rosanadana-It's always something

hatcity

Heard a strange noise from the motor today. Open the hood and the A/C belt(yes it was hot here today) is jumping and missing. Shut the engine and take a look. Belt is missing teeth and starting to seperate. OK, cut it off and continue the day. Go to NAPA, get a new belt. PIA to replace as you have to remove fan, and main belt. Had it done in a few minutes. Start it up again and check that belts are lined up nice.

What the hell? water pump is wet, bottom only. Thought was that maybe belt had hit the fitting and lossened it a little. Tighten again, start. NOPE. weep hole is where it's coming from.

Replaced water pump about 2 years ago. PIA also with the pulleys off and on, remove fan and coolant.

Need to call MACK in the morning. Hopefully they have one with the pulleys on.

Machine shop up the street did it last time, $25 cash 15 minutes.

Looks like saturday is booked now. No fishing

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Always somethin with a truck

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Damn! i gotta agree with that! it ain't easy to change ANY belt on a CX!.......................................Mark

Couldn't believe the crap I went through changing the Fan belt (Horton Fan) on one of my CXU's with an MP8. Not so much of a side of the road job anymore....sheeeesh...

• Like 1

Well the water pump is done. Total of 5 hours including running for a while to get hot and look for leaks.

Machine shop swapped pulleys again, but cost me $40 CASH

My body is too old to be doing this. Where's that boy of mine?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian