E-Z Pack Acquisition Completed by Navistar

kscarbel

Trailer/Body Builders / Feb 22, 2013

Navistar, Inc. has completed its acquisition of E-Z Pack Manufacturing and is now operating the business.

The E-Z Pack product line includes the Hercules front loader, Goliath and Apollo rear loaders, and the Hercules Automated Side Loader.

E-Z Pack operations will remain chassis-agnostic and will continue to build and mount refuse truck bodies on all chassis by all original equipment manufacturers. Navistar will also build integrated E-Z Pack refuse bodies on International brand commercial truck chassis. Manufacturing of E-Z Pack bodies will remain at the company's facility in Cynthiana, Ky.

Jim Rogers will continue in his role as Vice President of Sales and Marketing.

The E-Z Pack parts division is in a transition process under the new Navistar ownership. UpTime Parts, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navistar, will be leading this part of the business with focus on supporting E-Z Pack customers.

Trailer/Body Builders / Feb 22, 2013

Navistar, Inc. has completed its acquisition of E-Z Pack Manufacturing and is now operating the business.

The E-Z Pack product line includes the Hercules front loader, Goliath and Apollo rear loaders, and the Hercules Automated Side Loader.

E-Z Pack operations will remain chassis-agnostic and will continue to build and mount refuse truck bodies on all chassis by all original equipment manufacturers. Navistar will also build integrated E-Z Pack refuse bodies on International brand commercial truck chassis. Manufacturing of E-Z Pack bodies will remain at the company's facility in Cynthiana, Ky.

Jim Rogers will continue in his role as Vice President of Sales and Marketing.

The E-Z Pack parts division is in a transition process under the new Navistar ownership. UpTime Parts, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navistar, will be leading this part of the business with focus on supporting E-Z Pack customers.

Interesting. Given Navistar's financial position-it's not the best correct??- and given the hole they are trying to dig out of with respect to their EGR issue, I would have to wonder if this makes sense.

While we often read about companies divesting of assets when the going gets rough to ...."focus on their core business", I have to scratch my head on this one.

Here is a case where Navistar is spending money on something that MIGHT make sense- if all things considered the rest of their house was in complete order.

Last ditch effort to try to remain significant in the world.

Overall, navistar was hanging on via the smaller (Class 6 & 7) trucks.

And the very large fine Uncle Sam hit them with, surprised in a way that they still any money.

E Z Pack and related companies are a large player in the garbage world.

Hope they don't get dragged down by "creative engineering"

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Last ditch effort to try to remain significant in the world.

Overall, navistar was hanging on via the smaller (Class 6 & 7) trucks.

And the very large fine Uncle Sam hit them with, surprised in a way that they still any money.

E Z Pack and related companies are a large player in the garbage world.

Hope they don't get dragged down by "creative engineering"

On another note, they did recently announce they were coming out with a cab over (like the Sterling Condor-actually looks like a Condor) which would be a competitor of the Mack TerraPro (MR), "Autocar" (old White Expeditor) but in any case, aligning yourself with a particular body builder excludes you from the whole pool.

Didn't they do the same thing with mixers in the last year or so? An even dumber move IMO. Rear discharge mixers are yesterday's newspaper. While I'm sure there might be some jobs that make sense-like you are pouring a huge job and you just back up to a big concrete pump and blow the load out- for the most part, front discharge mixers rule. Most contractors don't WANT rear discharge mixers on their jobsites.

I wheeled my share of concrete off the back of LJ's and B-81's in my youth. Today?-I was pouring 8 sono tubes at our fairgrounds not long ago- front discharge mixer took no more than five minutes! Driver never left the cab until he got out to wash the chutes!

Kiss the rear discharge mixer business goodbye!