First Super-Liner I ever seen 9/78

I remember Horner STOCKED new cabs on pallets,frame rails,fuel tanks,engines,trans.rears etc.and just about anything else that you might need. I was fortunate enough to be invited to the "attic" sale when Charlie Horner retired in the early nineties,an absoulute goldmine of "vintage" Mack parts,i only wish i had a bigger truck(and more money) at the time! New B-model doors,hoods,all the emblems,trim,grille shells etc. I did manage to save quite a few items,most of which i still have,my prizes being a set of stainless "rookie-poles" with the small gold dogs on top,a new in the box B-model grill emblem,a new in the box B-model steering wheel,numerous emblems badges etc. the only thing i wanted that i did'nt get was a new set of RL-700L emblems (wish i had them now) you could have literally built an F-model out of what was left,(National Freight Inc.) was one of their biggest customers Bernie Brown bought all his trucks from Horner,till they went with "Brand-X"................................Mark

Lucky you,Mark! I got to go into a parts room of an outfit that was going under & got some great mechanical parts for the BCR.I was thankful for that.But usually I hear,"you should have been here last year(,week,month,or even yesterday),we through out a whole dumpster full of NOS MACK parts"! I applaud anybody that gets there before the roll-off truck does! Those "rookie poles" you talk about,do you remember who made those,Mark? I remember seeing those on new delivered trucks in the BULLDOG magazine in the '70's & '80's.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I don't have clue who made them Al,i threw away the box they were in years ago,they have "NYC" and the number 1008 stamped on the bottom,they look just like the ones on this B-81 only smaller,these were real popular on dump and garbage trucks at the time......................Mark

post-5836-0-18108400-1358184983_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I don't have clue who made them Al,i threw away the box they were in years ago,they have "NYC" and the number 1008 stamped on the bottom,they look just like the ones on this B-81 only smaller,these were real popular on dump and garbage trucks at the time......................Mark

Yep,those are the ones! I thought they were something you could get from a MACK dealer.Must have only been common out east,though.Never really seen 'em in the midwest. The ones shown here on Tom "Big Iron" Bronge's B-815 were constructed by Bill Schuldt.They turned out pretty good,I think.They have the bulldogs on 'em and you can still put your flags in 'em!post-510-0-80748600-1358185802_thumb.jpgpost-510-0-07352300-1358186573_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

thier was an outfit around boston,,,had a bunch of them,,around then...souza,s fuel transport,,they hauled BP gasoline to thier gas stations,,,they were lime green,,might be able to find old photos...under david faust collections...bob

jr sousa and sons,,,cant find anything on them,sept they had some sort of court case against bp,,in 1995,,,and thats all i can come up with,,im assuming thier out of business now...bob