E6 350 cam timing marks

bipfog2

Ok cat guy trying work on a mack. when I r&r my cam I set all my timing marks right, looks pretty standard. got to adjudt valves and realize I am on # 6 tdc. is this normal? I understand the two pointer on the damper and all that. just red flagged me when I was on #6 thanks

ROB "THE TANK" :SMOKIE-RT:

so as to not be confusing, the crank to cam marks and cam to pump marks are lined up <- and engine is on # 6 tdc is this right ? I figured it would be on #1 with marks lined up?

Edited by bipfog2

Ya i see what your saying but it dont care which one.But on a cummins i think and dont remenber its same way.The marks is no longer of any use after the fact so go with it. A way i always check it if in question is 1 or 6 will have a over/lap in the valves when the piston is at top dead center if acm and crank is in time.

glenn akers

its def on #6 #1 intake opening and both are loose on #6. the only reason I am concerned is my supplier said the engine numbers called for a E7 cam and I had a red flag ever since. it looked and mic'd out good but I didn't ck lobe orientation to keyway. and if keys are 180 off im screwed. probably not I am sure. just seemed odd to be on #6 tdc of compression stroke when time marks lined up is all I was wanting to verify if anyone seen the same before. thanks for replying

Edited by bipfog2

ok I adjusted my valves and bridges. rotated engine by hand when #1 came tdc on compression stroke #1 injector pump pushed fuel so I am good to go. was just to cautious I guess lol thanks for info anyway. I need to learn how to phrase my questions better I guess. again thank you.