RD door adjustment

I've been trying to figure something out.. When I bought my RD a couple of years ago, the doors were shutting up tight on the second click of the latch but the door seals were worn out so I changed them. I'd done it before on other R model cabs with good results, but ever since the door would only shut on the first click and it would rattle your teeth out going down the road. I adjusted on the hinges, installed a new striker and latch, adjusted some more, and never could get it to do right. I finally replaced the hinges and got it to shut on the second click, but you've got to SLAM the living heck out of it... What in the world else is there to do?

Jake

I've messed with these for the last 35 years and have come to realize there is no science,just trial and error.At there best they are OK. After awhile the weatherstripping will conform to the door and the door will close better. It's hard to keep the strikers tight enough to hold adjustment. Just keep messing with it. Steve