mack "outback edition"

i have a new idea for mack to pick up some sales. i think they should offer the raised cab and growler intakes on the chu and granite models and call it the outback edition . it would be a option that would appeal to owner operators and elite fleets. what do you guys think ?

In heavy haul someone might go for a set forward high cab pinnacle, but for OTR everybody is all about fuel mileage now and that means low and sleek so I doubt it would sell very well since the heavy haul guys can already get the Titan.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The aha and cvsa are against higher weights now so I doubt you'll ever see it, especially with the shift to regional hauls of intermodal containers that run their long distance legs on trains. I do think the pinnacle set forward could benefit from the mp10 but with the mp8 making 505hp now I don't know how much it would benefit with the added weight and fuel consumption. I would love to have a pinnacle set forward rawhide with an mp10 685hp Aussie rating though!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

ATA not aha, damn phone!

In much of the midwest you can already haul 97k off the interstates on 7 axles, and I haven't seen a Titan hauling anything but lowboys and heavy haul trailers yet. Heck, haven't seen many Titans hauling anything yet. Volvo needs to turn the Titan loose and give it a full range of options like different BBCs, a variety of sleepers, and maybe even a cabover if they want the Titan to sell.

• 3 weeks later...
i think the granite would sell for guys that like outside air cleaners. but yeah the pinnacle needs a extended hood version and mp10 and call it superliner but thatll never happen.

I was thinking about the same idea....

AMEN !!!!

I don't know, i thank the looks even if it did not help the truck or have a practical reason, if it made the truck look better i think it would help sell them. All trucks look the same now days there are no classy looks, it is just areodynamics these days. How much you want to bet if mack came back out with the r models cab and hoods, or the superliner that they could not build them fast enough, best looking trucks ever made. Just thank a r model with a ch ride, Maybe i'm just crazy but i thank those are the most popular trucks in the coutry, and aparently in other countrys to because alot of them are going over seas.