1939 to 1942 Mack Cab over NJU series information

RONPOND

New to Form and looking for information

I'm from the east coast of Canada and my Father drove Cab over Mack NJU series through out the full WWII, started in Britain and took it to North Africa, Italy and Begium (same truck), turned it in at the end of war. It was a six cylinder gas engine full tandem but no front end drive, Canadian army. I cannot find any information or pictures on these trucks as all military pictures of these show only 4x4 single axle trucks (not wrecker). I have only seen one picture of a tandem in this series and that is in a book called Mack trucks by Ron Adams and it is of a civilian fuel oil tanker.

The truck my Father used was a full tandem wrecker/winch truck with split double boom and they used the same type of truck with 5th wheel hook up for towing tank retrieval flat deck trailers.

He is presently 92 years young and still of good mind and I would dearly like to get some pictures and info on these trucks for him. He was trained in heavy recovery and certified mechanic in the military and finished his working career as an Industrial Mechanic.

He also later in life owned and drove a 1962 F model cab over, wore out 3 motors in this truck before dropping in a cummings 220 to finish it's life off. I also as a teenager drove this truck from time to time.

Any pictures or information on both of these trucks would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to our family! Here is some Military pics of the NJU-1 and 2... 4x4 for you and some info on it. Have more on the NJU / LMU Traffic type non AWD, but can't get to it til after the Holidays. Click on the image to blow it up Paul

post-3242-0-63156100-1356317242_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!

How you described it I haven't any ideas about NJU.

Double screws without front drive, double boom wrecker, straight six gas, and Canadian army - all that pointed on LMSW heavy wrecker. Of course they were not cabovers.

Vlad

post-3971-0-76257000-1357222216_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

mack3.jpg
mack2.jpg
mack1.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE