My Youtube Idle video

dds92780

I made a video today to show you all what is going on. I just had my pump rebuilt too. There is something that still doesnt seem right . The truck makes good power but there is still some shake going on that is noticed around 1100 to 1300 rpm. The video will explain it all. Please let me know what you think.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I am sure someone here will lead you the right way, it could just be a bad motor mount or exhaust vibrating something, i don't for sure, was going to say a injector but i belive it would smoke. It sounds good to me but i know what you mean somtimes thing just aren't right and the guys working on them say you crazy there nothing aworng, then after a week or to something major happens.

I am sure someone here will lead you the right way, it could just be a bad motor mount or exhaust vibrating something, i don't for sure, was going to say a injector but i belive it would smoke. It sounds good to me but i know what you mean somtimes thing just aren't right and the guys working on them say you crazy there nothing aworng, then after a week or to something major happens.

What engine and what year is the truck?

Check your balancer, I can't remember if the e7 mechanical engines had the rubber in the two piece balancer or not but that's where I would start.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Sounds to me like a slight miss if it was me I would bring the engine rpm up to 1100 were the miss is the most noticable with the hand throttle then loosen up the injector line at the injection pump one at a time to see what cylinder has the miss .

Yeah we tried that before i took the pump in, it would run colder on cylinder #6 i havent tested the temps out yet. But my mack mechanic was over at my shop and came to the conclusion it was a bad pump, we also did a valve lash adjustment and bridges proper and he noticed that when he removed the valve cover, it looked a little dry so he thinks i might need a new head or i have a valve or two not opening or closing properly. So are you saying to check the balancer? You arent talking about a harmonic balancer are you? What exactly does the balancer do?

Here is another video from today. It's just to show you i think the truck is making power, maybe you will hear the miss maybe you wont. That shake at that rpm band annoys me though, its only in the 3rd and 4th gear loaded is when its most noticeable.

Give me your expert opinion if it seems like a good runner.

Not necessarily dry but not as much oil on the valves that should of been there. Thats the only reason he suggested maybe valve guides after i told him it still has a slight miss even after i rebuilt the pump . You guys are really helpful