hey 84superdog, did you get my meassage on the mack rears

oilburner

Just woardering if you were interested in the rears i found, we thougth about buying them and putting under the international, in case you did not get the measage they are 55,000 lbs cut off complete it has 4.17 ratio for 1200 bucks let me know if you might be interested they are about 20 miles from the house.

I must have missed it, do you know what carriers they are?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I must have missed it, do you know what carriers they are?

No i do not, maybe you could educate me on them, they were out of a dm coal hauler, it is the complete cut off, all i know for sure is it was a triple frame truck and i was told they were 55,000 lbs rears and the truck had a tip turbine 285 engine and a six speed that was gone because they said it was bad, i thank the truck was a late 70's early 80's

I have CRD92/93 carriers on 44 rears, I dont think those carriers will fit in my housings and I know the axles are different and I dont really want to swap all that stuff this thing is heavy enough as it is.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have CRD92/93 carriers on 44 rears, I dont think those carriers will fit in my housings and I know the axles are different and I dont really want to swap all that stuff this thing is heavy enough as it is.

Ok, i didn't know for sure if you could use them or not, but i did know you were looking for some 4.17 or a higher gear, maybe i can find some 44 that will work for you.

Yeah Im looking,( slowly) I would really like to find some 3.86 rears but 4.17 or 3.65 would work too.

Yeah Im looking,( slowly) I would really like to find some 3.86 rears but 4.17 or 3.65 would work too.

I tell you what, if i run across any i will let you know!! I know were a set of 38k are, but i bet you can't use them either with you 44 carriers, i thank they were like a 3.80 something out of a superliner

Yeah the 38's were 92/93 carriers you just swap the spiders to use your 44 axles, over 44 and newer 44 use the larger carriers

That would be ok by me, hell I might even let you come to TN and sit in the Superliner(only for a couple minutes I dont want you to get the steering wheel sticky)!

That would be ok by me, hell I might even let you come to TN and sit in the Superliner(only for a couple minutes I dont want you to get the steering wheel sticky)!

I hear you LOL, it would probley be in your better judgment to keep me out of it. I have been known to sticky them up inside..

I talked to the guy today about the rearends, he said that they are 40,000 lbs mack, now i did not thank they mad 40's, Did they? I am going to stop by there and look at them, do you know what numbers i should be looking for on the stumps. I know that the ratio is on the front of the houseings but is there another number i should be looking for?

if they are mack chunks in the 34-44k range they should work, I would just have to swap the spiders from my chunks to a set of 34/38 rears to make them work with my axles, take a pic if you can, thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to look at the rearends and they are 38, they are in a superliner one with the round headlights. They got the truck for the engine and tranny, the frame has been length out it had a log bed on it, the truck is rough, and i do mean rough, the grill is missing and the doors are beat up, he did not know if he would sell just the rears, i don't know if you would be intersted in the whole truck or not but he was busy and i did not talk to him long. the truck is black with a silver strip on the doors, it has a 350 and a 13 speed in it but they won't to keep the engine and trans. the rears look like they have been put in it before the truck was parked but that has been a while, they have 14.17 wrote with a white marker on the top of the houseing. What do you want me to offer him for the rears, or if you would be intersted in the truck less motor and trans, in my opinion i would say a 1000 bucks for the truck because of the shape it is in, but the rears may be worth that along i don't know. I have to get up with him this coming week and i will try to get pictures then it was dark and i was useing a flashlight to look at it. let me know what you thank 84superdog.

thanks for looking at em, do you know if they were taper mount or saddle moun t torque rods? Im going to go look for some rears this weekend supposedly there is a set of 3.86 resrs not far from here theyre 38's too so I would have to swap the spiders on either to use my axles.

thanks for looking at em, do you know if they were taper mount or saddle moun t torque rods? Im going to go look for some rears this weekend supposedly there is a set of 3.86 resrs not far from here theyre 38's too so I would have to swap the spiders on either to use my axles.

I'm not sure what the diffrents is, but i will try to get some pictures anyway maybe you can get the one closer to home, i am not sure if he would even sell just the stumps out of the truck, but he never said he wounldn't. But i do belive they had the touqe rods on the tops of the rearend that went up to the crossmembers, if that is what you mean.

There are two kinds of torque rods taper mount attatches like a tie rod end, saddle mount attatches with two bolts at the ends of the rods.

Sweet thanks I'll have to stop by on the way to pa for a show this year and buy you a Dr pepper.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of 4.17 out of a 82 R-Model, front one has the air power divider and is pretty fresh, they were out of a 38000 pound camelback still in housings, I need housings for a 2000 RD on mack air ride or a cut off. THe truck is doubled frame. Mine are cracked and the rears have high mileage.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok i still have no pics but he said he would sell the whole truck like it sets for 2500 bucks, it has a 350 2v that someone has converted to a tip turbine set up and a 13 speed, it has a engine break but i thank it is the dynatard style, the truck would be worth the money i thank, i havent herd it run but i have had 2 or 3 people tell me it sounded good, and it would fire right up with one battery.

Hmmm, well keep me posted when you get some pics, I am still slowly looking, its been too cold and rainy here to work on a truck much.