Awesome Mack Article I Found On The Net.

Ok while browsing the photo album of an Australian member (Swishy) of Hanks truck forum I found this great five part article. It covers Mack from the beginning to the 70's and has all ot great pictures to go along. Pictures of the rare extreme duty M and L models along with an N model mixer and even the FCSW which was a 3 axle 100K GVW dump truck built in 1937, only two were ever made!

My favorite pictures are of the M75SX and the M45SX. I wonder if any still exist especially the M75, would make a nice collectors piece :D . The first page of part three has an interesting picture of how Mack even used camel back paired with a second set of springs to take the weight of tandem planetary hub reduction axles.

Here is the link: http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?aut...si&img=2539

The images are 800x1100 which you can easily print. They look perfect on paper!

Enjoy

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Rigchaser,

Thanks for those shots! If anyone has any more shots of M series please post em!

This M65/75SX might still be working.

post-314-1190952105_thumb.jpg

This 1958 LFSX still works for Marino Crane. It was previously owned by Gerosa.

post-314-1190952247_thumb.jpg

Anyone have any M series brochures?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok while browsing the photo album of an Australian member (Swishy) of Hanks truck forum I found this great five part article. It covers Mack from the beginning to the 70's and has all ot great pictures to go along. Pictures of the rare extreme duty M and L models along with an N model mixer and even the FCSW which was a 3 axle 100K GVW dump truck built in 1937, only two were ever made!

My favorite pictures are of the M75SX and the M45SX. I wonder if any still exist especially the M75, would make a nice collectors piece :D . The first page of part three has an interesting picture of how Mack even used camel back paired with a second set of springs to take the weight of tandem planetary hub reduction axles.

Here is the link: http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?aut...si&img=2539

The images are 800x1100 which you can easily print. They look perfect on paper!

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...