New York City

mike69mackman

We're hawked. :loldude:

Hoboken and Weehawken have become quite upscale in recent years and Kearney....is still Kearney. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before luxury condo's are built on the site of Rube's truck stop.

You're sure right about that,last time i delivered in Boken' (its a Jersey thing) there were an awful lot of "hipsters" (ie: douchebags) around. Used to be all working class blue collar families,guess its getting like everywhere else,damn yuppies taking over!.............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I dig the city. I go a couple times a year. Hop the coastline NJT train to Penn the grab a taxi or walk around. Never had any issues. There's a little old school Greek diner called Skyline around the corner from B&H photo on 34th and 9th (Hells Kitchen). Good typical diner food and priced right as a diner should. Try to go into a regular restaurant and get a burger for $7.50 and you'll pay double. Any time I am around there I stop. Of course it's the City so no truck parking anywhere lol.

I was there for the NY International Motorcycle as the regional dealership for Johnny Pag Motorcycles. Kinda cool to have an all access vender pass for the joint. Everyday I took the train in, walked the 8 blocks or so to the Javits and stopped at that diner. Friendly locals sitting at the counter and had some good conversations.

Then if you go down to the Village, prepare for some weird folks. Some of them aren't quite right.

I visit big citys from time to time on holidays.

Sometimes with a car or with a bike that's perfect for street parking. I stay overnight in little motels in 20-30 km from where I go. Have a breakfast and go into the city for a day time ending up with dinner. After it I run outside for cheap rooms. Sometimes I stay overnight in a center. More $$ but nice to see night lights and put myself in a local enviroment. Expensive? Not every day and it's holiday.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012