Leaking Exhaust Manifolds On E9 500

treemuncher

I've determined that the exhaust manifolds are leaking at the joints where the male-female couplers are. Is there any easy fix to get these tightened up?

The loss of the exhaust pressure will have a serious impact on the performance of the turbo charger as it did on my ford 7.3. I want to get these tightened up or replaced. Any suggestions?

Hi

I have the same problem with my E9. I was told to fill with any kind of high temp sealent when cold and hope it slows down till carbin can plug up. I tried some stuff call Good Stuff but it did not work. I will be watching hope someone can help

Go mto caterpillar and check with parts.Cat makes a epoxey that is for that purpose. glenn

glenn akers

:SMOKIE-LFT: We've had 3 E9s and an old 866 and they all did that. I think it's just nature of the beast. Even the with the E9 we had new in 94 leaked a little . They tend to have a bit of fuel seepage from there to if you do much idling in cold weather between the front and rear pieces of the manifolds. Probably due to temp changes expansion and contraction. The part from the rear of the manifolds to the turbo should have donutsin the joints that you could change if they leak there. The part between front and rear manifolds you could try an exhaust cement or sealant on them. we tryed that on one of ours after having a head off. It worked for a while. The engines own carbon seems to keep them sealed up most of the time. Unless it's leaking real bad I wouldn't worry about it.