e9 turbo

thunderdog

My friend John had the stock E9 turbo rebuilt and re-worked at the same time, and he said the reworked made more boost than the holset and out performed it. He advanced his pump timing 3 degrees and tuned the pump up as much as it would allow. Hs said he could pull Mt. Eagle ( from a get on ramp at the bottom) 92,000lbs. and top it at 75 mph while passing 2 junk Petes ( that where empty).

He put on many heads due to loose valve seats, from getting them to hot the day before. He put on a set of Dale Francis heads and never had a problem again. 6.5 mpg and tons of power.

Even the 865 and 866 engines had valve seats that would come loose.

glenn akers

Even the 865 and 866 engines had valve seats that would come loose.

Glenn

Just my observation but!

E9 Was a more expencsive when the seats let go would ususlly cost you a piston , liner head and the turbo

866 would let you know by poping E9 gave no warning at all!

Glenn

Just my observation but!

E9 Was a more expencsive when the seats let go would ususlly cost you a piston , liner head and the turbo

866 would let you know by poping E9 gave no warning at all!

Your right i dont remenber seeing a 865 drop one out and damage a engine.The dealer here that i workd for sold some 864 and one twin turbo 864 that i remember.Big hrose in its time.

glenn akers