Fuel Prices...

Barry

I have heard that truckers are gonna park their rigs when diesel hits $3.00 p/g. Anyone else heard this, or what are your thoughts on this?

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I think it stinks that the diesel prices are so high. Fortunately for me, I only drive my truck for pleasure. I feel bad for you guys that drive for your livelihood and it has to affect you all so much. People dont realize how much we need the truck drivers for alot of things we use and need on a daily basis.

I think if all the truckers protested the high prices, it would be felt nationwide! And maybe something would be done about it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I appreciate all that you guys do !

Donna :)

I have heard that truckers are gonna park their rigs when diesel hits $3.00 p/g.  Anyone else heard this, or what are your thoughts on this?

Hey Barry, its been tried before with nothing good comming out of it. the main problem is that there are too many drivers out there that cant afford to shut down. they might be paying more for fuel, and making less money, but as long as the big companys keep rolling, most owner operators will also just to keep up. it really sounds like a good idea, but as long as there is freight to haul some one will haul it dirt cheap just to make what little money they can, they figure a little is better than none. luckily for me the company I am leased to has a good fuel surcharge program to where I average $1.35 to $1.50 per gallon. with out that I wouldnt be able to afford to stay running. Doug :(