Mack Heavy Haul in Cali on the news

there is actually a Mack video on this its Perkins Specialized hauling and they bought new Mack Titans to do the job Im sure they are making enough on this haulto pay for the trucks and the trailers and much more, yes i said trailers the radioactivity from the old Generators is very low rad but it is enough to irradiate the trailer superstructure next to the load so they had to build enough trailers to have a new one for each load. Supposedly they were unsure if the trailers could ever be used again once the steel was irradiated so they were leaving them at the disposal site until they could be assessed and de contaminated if possible. Oh yeah this haul paid MILLIONS, MILLIONS in taxpayer and so cal edison customer funds.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Perkins 3 Titans,, 4 C-models and 3 wide nose t-800 Kenworths (all planetary drive) have been at the Mehoopany Wind Farm since June this year.Working for BP Wind Energy and RES Americas the Lead contractor......We are in time restraints to be done with 88 turbines and to be operational by Dec 31 2012, or they will lose 10 years of tax credits (green money)

post-133-0-51924700-1352632254_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately(shit happens) this past Tuesday morning Perkins laid this one on its driver side coming down a hill with a 170,000 pound base tube,he hit the brake doing 5 mph to make a 90 degree turn,,,, They believe the trailer slid on mud and ice and with the weight of it kept pushing the tractor strait into the soft shoulder .The driver was banged up alittle and taken to the hospital but is doing OK ,,,,,,,They towed the truck down 11:00 at night and I didn't have the camera out but didn't look that bad,, windshields where still in and the hood didn't look too bad,,,,,,I will say it was not the drivers fault at all,,,,,,they are big on safety

5 to 15 mph on site and the site is 9,000 acre's but we are in the woods at 2200 feet,, it is steep and slick ,,,,,,,,Mud in the day and ice at night

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM