Low power AC-460

truck675

Hi !

I can a lot of problem engine AC-460. When I move, the engine suddenly lost power. Rpm do not rise over 1200. If you increase the engine starts to shake. After some time, the problem goes away.

I live in Russia. We do not diagnose Mack.

I am sorry for bad English.

Hi !

I can a lot of problem engine AC-460. When I move, the engine suddenly lost power. Rpm do not rise over 1200. If you increase the engine starts to shake. After some time, the problem goes away.

I live in Russia. We do not diagnose Mack.

I am sorry for bad English.

While I agree with Staxx also remember its cold there, and those trucks dont like water in the fuel or fule line restriction of any kind, how often do you change your fuel filters? does the issue go away when the engine warms up and sends return fuel to the tank to also warm the fuel and filters? Might be a simple fuel filter swap and adding a water dispersant to the fuel tanks, just a thought.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Hi guys! Thank you for the answers. The problem has existed for more than a year. Replaced the entire fuel line. Checked everything that can be verified.

If the fuel pump is faulty, the problem would stop. But the problem appears and disappears by itself. Can five to six times per trip, and maybe never.

2-5 front drive axle temp senor ,2-6 rear drive axle temp sensor Dont rember 36 have you checked the low coolant sensor in upper coolant reservoir check the plug connection if it has coolant in it go unplug the engine module connections and make coolant is not in ecu connections.

• Like 1

2-5 front drive axle temp senor ,2-6 rear drive axle temp sensor Dont rember 36 have you checked the low coolant sensor in upper coolant reservoir check the plug connection if it has coolant in it go unplug the engine module connections and make coolant is not in ecu connections.

Thank you !

These errors can not affect the power loss.

Another is activated clutch cooling and during the motor can not collect more than 1200 RPM. So move off until the clutch cooling. After it has everything works fine.

Thank you !

These errors can not affect the power loss.

Another is activated clutch cooling and during the motor can not collect more than 1200 RPM. So move off until the clutch cooling. After it has everything works fine.

the low coolant sensor can affect power loss it will make the engine go into derate if it trips a code.
  • Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 1 month later...