More 707 filter questions

RCGadsby

New guy on this forum, so I'll probably need to play catch up. Notwithstanding, have suffered the same grief over finding the right oil filter for my B95F and her 707C ENF engine. I have one Fleetgard LF539 left that I got from Cal Little years ago, and just bought some NAPA 1503s based on some intense cross-referencing via the internet. Did the oil change this morning and the good news is that the NAPA 1503 works like a champ.

My question is this: on the right side of the engine, there is another filter can that I originally thought was a second oil filter. It appears to contain transmission or hydraulic fluid. About the same size as the oil filter or maybe a little bit longer. The fluid looked good and I couldn't get the filter out, so I left well enough alone for now. The filter seems to be shorter than an oil filter, but same OD diameter and larger ID. Any suggestions for a replacement filter, and then an easy way to remove the old filter (the bale is missing)?

Bob G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
post-195-0-27214000-1354031678_thumb.jpgThe best way is to convert to a spinon filter and base. Take your canister oil filter off where it bolts to the block. You will see 2 threaded holes. one is a 1/8" and one is a 1/4". The 1/4" is intake and the 1/8" is return. Buy a filter base (Baldwin OB1308 or equilavent) and a filter for a cummins (Baldwin B7577). Mount the base, make your lines and attach. It will be cheaper in the long run