Venezuela Macks

logtruckman:Stan had a Superliner,a red LJSW,a LJSWX sheet metal on a R model frame and running gear.I think it is now a Green dump truck.He was a logger from Maine hauling pecker poles.3 or 4 hundred per load.

The LJSWX built on later Mack frame and running gear is here in NJ and has been redone with a dump body. Quite a frequent visitor to the local shows.

-John

thats the one Cappello has now?I thought so.Last time I was talking to Stan he had it for sale.

Yes, the Cappello truck is the former Stanley Young truck. The last couple of years, the Young's have had their Mack powered KB-12(?) International and their B81X at Macungie, as well as other shows.

-John

John:thanks for the info on Stan's truck.I take it you have a LM and if so what is chassis number.I picked up a chassis plate at a swap meet one tine and it is LM2DM 2082 D.It's not made out of alum but steel.I think it's war time one.

I have 3 LMS, (2) LMSWMs and an LMSWL. 2082 would be a war time production unit, probably a 1944 or 1945. My 1945 LMSWM was built in November 1945 and delivered Christmas Day 1945. Chassis number is 2163. I dont have the cab plate, but when delivered, my truck had trim on the radiator shroud and badges on the hood sided. War time LMSWMs only has Mack Script on the hood sides with no radiator emblems or bulldogs.

-John