Air suspension question

hatcity

ben chasing a problem with the air suspension on the truck. Thought problem was the control valve, bought one. Before i could install, the control rod bottom piece broke. Got a replacement for it and have played around to adjust it. I know too little will ruin u-joints. Is there a problem with too much?

Not easy to get at as I have to raise boom, and body to get to it. I can crawl in the dirt to adjust from underneath

Thanks, Ed

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

To hi or too low or if the ujoint angles are off the joints will be hurt and maybe the trans to. Get the ride height from mck and set just like it should be and no more and no less.

Thanks. Trying to get info from the local Mack dealer is a challenge sometimes. I feel a very slight vibration now and I believe it is too high. Before it was low and you could really feel it.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Ok AL and AL2 was 4- 1/4 from bottom of frame rail left front drive axle to the bottom edge of the suspensions main support with brakes off level ground full air psi Maxair 40 early prior to x mark on suspension was 5-1/4 later version was 4-7/8 think you have the AL or AL2 hope this helps.

Ok AL and AL2 was 4- 1/4 from bottom of frame rail left front drive axle to the bottom edge of the suspensions main support with brakes off level ground full air psi Maxair 40 early prior to x mark on suspension was 5-1/4 later version was 4-7/8 think you have the AL or AL2 hope this helps.

Showoff!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Thank you for real help. will check it all tomorrow. Think I will still have to replace control valve, but at least I know where to set it.

AFTER I replace the radiator.

And you can show off if you want. Its good to know what i should look for