Eldorado VIP truck seat

http://www.seatscanada.com/catalogue/eldoradovip.htm

http://www.seatscanada.com/catalogue/eldoradovip.htm

Has anyone had any experience with this seat? i am looking to put it in my 95 Mack RD 6886. Is it really the only seat out there that has the VIP knee flexion system? If i am going to be spending close to a 1000 dollars then what would be a good choice for a truck seat?

I see that bostrom makes a ton of different type of seats and northern tool even has some but im confused as to what to get. I have a bad lower back already and a good seat for me is a must.

I had the VIP seat in my old 89 R before and i loved it but now i am getting ready to order it again but this time you have to go through canada only and then have a dealer here in the states get it for you. Why don't the states make this seat anymore???

Also this is my first time trying to upload a pic so if it doesnt work ill post a link in my next post.

Thanks

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

not sure on this.. bought one 5 yrs ago for my T-800, and got it from Green Mtn kenworth in Shelburene, VT.

My parts guy at KW Montreal, couldn't even come close to the price!

I love this seat- i adjust it so my knees are higher than my waist. if adjusted properly, you'll love it! known guys who have had them and hated them, why?, not properly adjusted!!

Hope this helps.. available in materail only, brown,black,grey believe blue and red

761 Brock. You are talking about the VIP seat right? its kinda a funky seat in the way that you have to adjust the height first and when you use the air controls it makes the seat go up and lean forward at the same time so its best to let the air out until you are just off the ground . I had the black one but the rep in canada also told me it comes in grey and maybe another color . I was thinking of getting in grey with black armrests? or black with grey armrests? What do you think of that or just stick with one color? I thought it might be neat because the R interior is mostly black and grey

Yes I'm referring to the "Eldorado VIP". Although my seay is a halfbreed! The base and all controls are VIP, but the seat base and high back are KW as I wanted leather seat covers and the KW ones wouldn't fit the VIP seat, but it still works great!! Mine is grey with grey armrests. Don't think you can order two tone...

Mine came from Green Mountain Kenworthm, Shelburne Vt

Clay

leather sounds nice in that seat. my dad has a velour cloth maroon colored one in his maroon pete and its awesome. his has the air switches on the driver side and my old that i got came from a guy that had a warehouse full of them and i didnt get the air switches on the side just the manual knobs so this time i will make sure that i order the seat with all the bells and whistles. you think i can get them to make it with the mack bulldog on it instead of VIP??? :) So this is probably the best seat out there right? Thats the conclusion im coming to and thats also based on experience. Looks like ill be calling canada back monday and probably waiting a few weeks for them to make it lol

Also what is your personal opinion on color to go with? my truck is white with the R interior and my dad suggested grey but i havent seen a pic of one in grey yet so im not sure what it looks like. also if i can even do a two tone , what would be the better choice? base grey with black armrests or base black with grey armrests? Thanks again

Dustin

I believe you can mount the bulldog cushions as i did with the kw's. Although I prefer the original cushions more. More comfy, shaped more for your butt cheeks, lol.

Think grey would be your best bet. My interior is grey and seat grey also. The original covers are a nice shade of darker grey..

Don't have Geen Mtn's # handy, but let me know and will forward it you.

Clay

I have no experience with that particular seat but if I'm understanding the height adjustment correctly, it's a good choice for an R model.

I'm not one for sitting on or near the floor but when I drove an R model, the proper amount of air in the seat for my weight had me positioned higher than I would like. Add an exterior visor to that and I would have to be 40 feet from a traffic light to be able to see it without leaning over the steering wheel. I was thinking a low profile seat (shorter base) would would be the solution, but separate height and weight adjustments might be a better way to solve the problem.

Jim

Personally,i don't like the eldorado seats,my dad had one in his pete,and it was godawful un-comfortable! it does'nt really travel like a bostrom seat,it kinda leans forward i could never get it adjusted to my liking,just my opinion,but i would would go with a Bostrom...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 2 weeks later...

890 for the fully loaded seat with 4 way lumbar air controls on the left side, dark grey velour

80 to get a broker to bring it in past us customs and 195 to ship, 37 dollars charged to my card for an international charge bringing the total to 1210 after taxes!!!!! I tried calling a few places after i even had the quote new from canada and my dealer said he couldnt get the seat because it isnt on his list so finally i just called canada back and said just ship it to me directly if you can. what a pain in the arse but it should be here next week and its going in my RD Mack. I will post pictures if anyone can walk me how to as soon as i get the seat :) And yes it is the seat that pivots the lower back (knee action patented movement is what they call it)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the update on my seat. it was shipped through conway freight estimated to be here yesterday or today. There is a terminal 2 miles from me where its supposed to be. Guess what. They LOST MY SEAT!!!!!! i am beyond pissed off. now they say that they have to do an investigation monday on it. so i might either get my money back, or they will order me another , which will take another 3 weeks im guessing or im just screwed. can you beileve that?

Personally,i don't like the eldorado seats,my dad had one in his pete,and it was godawful un-comfortable! it does'nt really travel like a bostrom seat,it kinda leans forward i could never get it adjusted to my liking,just my opinion,but i would would go with a Bostrom...............................Mark

[/quote

I concur with your opinion, Just about as next to nothing as you could waste time on. I had a worn out Bostrom in my first truck, and I just had to have an Eldorado. A big mistake. If you can sit in one for 18 or 20 hours and still get out and walk, you are a better man than me.

Here is the update on my seat. it was shipped through conway freight estimated to be here yesterday or today. There is a terminal 2 miles from me where its supposed to be. Guess what. They LOST MY SEAT!!!!!! i am beyond pissed off. now they say that they have to do an investigation monday on it. so i might either get my money back, or they will order me another , which will take another 3 weeks im guessing or im just screwed. can you beileve that?

It's probably cruising down the interstate in a white Sterling with blue stripes.

I work in LTL and I understand that freight can be mis-routed from time to time. but with today's technology and tracking procedures, you almost have to make an effort to lose something. I hope they can quickly get this resolved for you.

Jim