Real Big Mack

That would be a M-30X, 30 ton cap end dump. Although it is large, it is not the biggest Mack truck ever built, that title goes to the M-100SX, a 100 ton tandem drive axle quarry truck / prime mover. Of which only 3 were ever made. it was powered by a 12V-149TT and rode on 21:00 x 35 rubber.

ap40

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

I have always wanted the get my hands on one of the Mack script logos from the side of the hood on the m series, they were about double the size of an r series. I notice that Mack logo on the front of the hood is an early style later ones actually spell out M-A-C-K like on the road trucks.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Looks almost just like the Euclid R-25 and R 22 haul trucks that we use as stockpile trucks at work. Have any details on these brutes?

Well if it truly is a M-30X (need the serial#)then something like this: 18:00x25 tires all around, Cummins NHRS-6-CI, 743 ci, supercharged, Mack TRDX-510, 8 speed duplex, FA-900 front axe & RASP-1203 for the rear. Fabricated wide flange I beam frame, semi elliptic springs front & rear.

Optional engines: Cummins NT-380 or DDC 6-110, Allison CLT-5840 (Cummins) & CLT5640 (GM)

box & hoist by Heil, 20 cubic yard with UT72-64 hoists. wb 165", oa width 135.2", aprox 15 5"tall.

anything else?

Ap40

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

yeah, top speed, gear ratios, empty weight, year made, who bought it first, and if one left Dallas, tex. at 1 pm tommorrow, and one left New York city at 3pm tommorrow, where and at what time would they meet or run out of fuel? Hmm..? randyp

Man that is great! i needed a good laugh after today!

Ap40

Richard Mark

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Can't afford a water sprayer truck? Next best thing is any DD ! And a 6-110 found very few automotive applications (too d-m big!). The 6-110 was used in every Budd Rail Diesel Car (100's built) in the 40's and 50's. They did a great job coating the rail tracks...."look Ma, no weeds" lol.