T309 shift question

convoyduel

Just got home from Virginia with the 2004 CH613. Amazing truck.

Thought the truck had a Mack 10 speed T310, even had the Maxitorque ES 10 speed decal on the A/C unit, but the build sheets with the truck show it has a T309 and it does funny things when you shift into the lower right position on the transmission (would be 5th on a 10 speed). Looked through the transmission manual (truck came with every book and piece of paper it had when new) and found that there is a T309 that skips the lower right position in favor of the "Lo" hole with the range splitter in "Hi".

This is a new concept to me...is this the correct way to shift a T309?

Still trying to figure out why the shift pattern decal doesn't match the build sheet and apparently the truck. EVERYTHING on this truck is original and immaculate, so I highly doubt the owner changed anything.

I had one in a CH also and yes thats how it works, the idea behind it is to get you into high range with fewer shifts then you can stay there during normal driving even thru towns down to 30mph and not have to range shift. I still get screwed up going back to that truck from any other but it works great if you remember, go to the dash then go to high in the low hole and your there, 4 on the bottom, 5 on top versus eatons with 5 low and 4 high. I think when you get used to it youll like it, dont see a pic of the purchase though?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Fuller has a version of a 9 speed that does something similar. You start in first or where the lo-hole is. go 2-4 up against the dash go into high and and come back to first or now 5th ( lo-hole). then go like a 10 speed.

Nice buy now you just need a lowboy with an old B model on it and you can head to a show.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

We have been cleaning, pinstriping, detailing and adding a few things the past 2 days. Dropped it off tonight to have the tanks, wheels and battery box polished. Decals will be in Tuesday and then we're ready to work. This truck is absolutely amazing and well cared for.

that trailer would do it now go find an M35 to haul around and you can have the Mack tri fecta.

Might I suggest this visor it would stand out great on that truck with all the polished aluminum, check out JP chrome for other newer Mack truck chrome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mack-CH-CL-CX-CT-GU-Vision-13-Drop-Visor-2002-Current-/110560554162?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item19bdec2cb2&vxp=mtr