Total green horn here!

Green Horn

Hi, yup you gussed it, I'm new. New here and to trucking all together. I'm a 51 year old female who work in an office for 22 yrs (yuk) had a couple other jobs after that and then decided I wanted to get my CDL and drive school busses. Well after 2 yrs of that I have discovered that drama scene isn't for me. I have always had a fascination w/ heavy equip. (prolly because my dad was an operator) in fact, had I listened to him and not my heart when I was a younger girl I'd be half way to retirement by now. Anyways, I am now in the process of getting someone to hire a green horn w/ nothing but 2 yrs of bus driving and 30 hrs of heavy truck driving to drive their 10 wheel dumps or mixers. Oh and beware, I have ton and tons of questions! :-)

First-Welcome

Second-bless yur heart for dealing with the snot nosed brats

Third-What you are looking for will be difficult with todays economy. Lots of drivers in general looking for work.

That reminds me, you live in South Florida? company I run for fired a driver last week. can you run a grapple truck?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Geeeesh! Not another Green Horn!!

We only let green horns join here on the fifth Wed. of the month!

Anywaysssss.....Welcome!!

Sooo.....you have driven a school bus full of drama, nose pickers and pain in the ass kids.

You will feel at home then!

Just because I am grower older doesn't mean I have grown up.

Let the questions begin.

Jim

Well put. :twothumbsup:

Green horns are always welcome. What we don't need is another Green Dash.

Jim

Geeeesh! Not another Green Horn!!

We only let green horns join here on the fifth Wed. of the month!

Anywaysssss.....Welcome!!

Sooo.....you have driven a school bus full of drama, nose pickers and pain in the ass kids.

You will feel at home then!

Just because I am grower older doesn't mean I have grown up.

Let the questions begin.

Jim

Well that is just fantastic cause my favorite "booger hooker" is almost grown back after smashing my finger last spring.

I should fit right in.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.