B-model motor swap?

I have a 707c in my 59 B-model fire engine and I was looking to swap it for a Mack deisel...?? Im looking at a ENDTB-675 as the replacement..?? The 707 has been blown up for about 15 years is the reasoning for the swap.... Question is will a ENDTB-675 fit in my B-model. The deisel comes with a 5 speed, which is what the 707 has now.... ?? Insight, advice, opinions.......... Rob.... You out there, firemack....... Lol.. Thanks guys!

Jason

I have a 707c in my 59 B-model fire engine and I was looking to swap it for a Mack deisel...?? Im looking at a ENDTB-675 as the replacement..?? The 707 has been blown up for about 15 years is the reasoning for the swap.... Question is will a ENDTB-675 fit in my B-model. The deisel comes with a 5 speed, which is what the 707 has now.... ?? Insight, advice, opinions.......... Rob.... You out there, firemack....... Lol.. Thanks guys!

Jason

It will fit right in but you will probably need to the get the sheaves, (pulleys), waterpump, harmonic balancer, and a lot of small items from a B61 diesel engine. Also the rear axle ratio will not let the truck run as fast as the gasoline engine due to the lower operating rpm of the diesel engine. I think a rear axle from a B61 would be a bolt in item also.

I don't know what five speed transmission you have in the truck currently, or what size bellhousing is on it. Might be best to purchase an older R model to use for donar parts cause if you purchase everything individually, it will be much more expensive.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If I can use everything out of the donor truck maybe the only thing I'll have to find is a new rear or possible rebuild one to pick up a little road speed...??

You will still need the ancillary items from a B model on the engine for it to physically fit under the hood. The water pump for instance is too long on an R model, as are all the other items mentioned earlier.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

yup, rob is right, you need the crank hub and pulleys as well as a shorter waterpump USUALLY. we put a 675tb in B68 that came from a 69 DM and it already had the shorter water pump. just had the take off the power steering pump and change the crank hub as well as the pulleys on the waterpump and crank. the R models usually have a longer crank hub and a 3 or 4 groove pulley that wont fit behind the radiator of a B model. the radiator support crossmember might have to be shimmed out 1/4 inch as well. most B61's had 1/4 inch shims between the front spring hangers and the radiator crossmember(the one with 5 or 2 holes in the front) to space it out from the engine. i learned this the hard way when tryin to change a fan belt after the fact. of course being a 707 it might already have the shims in it. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg