GET R DONE

getrdone

Howdy Jerry here , Im new to the forum as i just bought a 1985 MH 613 cab over , My wife works for a local farm and when i was doing some trailer repair for them i noticed this old cabover in the back of a equipt storage they have , The building is kept at 40 degrees year round , The truck had new tires , brakes and shocks on it , I crawled up inside and looked it over , The speedo was showing 191,000 miles . I asked the farmer if this was accurate and they said yes the truck had been parked when Dad retired and the wheel base was to long for what they did so they were keeping if for spare parts for a Mack dump truck they had , After a little convincing i ended up buying the truck for 5000.00 . and so the adventure began .the old girl has E6 350 , Eaton 13 speed and Rockwell rears with New way suspension so i feel its equipted pretty well . I have some friends that know these older trucks especially Macks inside and out so we started with the basics and moved on after a couple of weeks we had the old girl running like a top and looking pretty good . we eliminated the puff stop and fixed the dynatards , Turned up the fuel , came off the turbo wth 6 inch flex and then immediatly to a 8 inch elbo and 8 inch stack . the rear seal was leaking so we tore the tranny out and will be replacing everything from the clutch , fork, bushings seal etc . Time for a new pan gasket as well . this is turning out to be a blast this old truck , I haul step deck with it in the washington state area , If you see a brown CH 613 with Get R Done Transport on the door and a big Black stack blowing black smoke it me . just wanted to say howdy , Ill keep you posted on upgrades and get some pics posted soon , the next upgrade will be a Detroit 12-7 60 series turbo to handle the extra fuel we have provided. Im haveing a ball blowing the doors off some of the newer trucks pulling hills and blowing black smoke . the old dog is a runner . Already some of you have helped me with question i have had and i cannot thank you all enough for sharing your knowledge . thanks so much , Jerry .