Draining R600 Radiator

Silly question!

How do I drain the radiator on my "new" 1970 R611? LOL!!

I looked on the bottom of the radiator, but did not see a drain cock or drain plug.

I need to replace all the hoses, and would prefer not to get drowned.

Also, is there a plug somewhere near the top of the engine to help purge the air out of the system when re-filling?

Thanks,

Kent

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Well there should be a drain plug on the bottom. Who knows what a previous owner did?

Since you are changing hoses anyway, get the new bottom hose in your hands to check that it is correct.

If it correct, then just take a razor knife and slit it and start it draining. Can control the flow better than just pulling it off straight.

Jim

Yeah, that was my plan "B"! I was hoping to find a drain in the bottom.

You said "plug", not drain cock. So, am I looking for something fairly flush in the bottom of the tank(s)? Possibly with a recess for a square or hex key to remove it?

Thanks,

Kent

some of them had a drain plug right in the bottom metal radiator hose. this is the metal part of the hose that attaches between the engine and radiator with two short pieces on either end.

Hadn't looked there. Will check it out.

Thanks,

Kent

Its a really simple process, first of all you will have to place the plastic container underneath the drain valve of radiator. Loosen the drain valve then let coolant pass from the container. Loosen the radiator cap and let air pass the coolant out quicker.