Door Panel Removal

Youre right, they are attached to the door panel...first you have to remove the round plate at the bottom of the door This is the window stop. Once out you can roll the window further down so it clears the top of the door...next come the handles (if you want to take them off)...push the spring loaded cover back (towards the door) and drive out the pin that holds the handle in...

Once you have all of the screws out, you can lift and work the panel out...just so far, once you start working it out, you will see how the outside handle is attached and take out the pin that holds it together...takes some patience but it will come out...

Hope this helps...I didnt take pictures the last time I took mine out!

Edit: Now that I am thinking back maybe the door handle comes out with its own three screws, then you can take the handle off once you see how it is attached..

• Like 1

take the outside door handle off and the outside lock, then the round plate for the stop, roll the window down all the way, then all the screws all the way around and the four from the latch in the jamb. leave the inside door handles on! that way you can push the inside handle forward and move the striker from the latch up and slide the panel up and forward. takes some practice, takes a lot of practice to put the damn thing back together after it painted and not scratch all the new paint off the edges.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg