Fuel bleed on 673c (newbie)

I'm new to Mack trucks and diesels in general so bear with me. A friend of mine bought an old fire engine earlier this year and I've been watching over the maintenance. Just a couple weeks ago it started leaking fuel really bad. We had to tilt the cab and run it to find the leak. Turns out it was the fuel filter. Whoever put it on must have used a filter wrench and ended up crushing the filter in two spots. It was spraying fuel from a crack in the filter housing right into the fan. The filter has since been replaced and I know I need to bleed the fuel system however I have never done this before and I don't know where the manual pump lever or the air bleed plug is. I think I might have to bleed the injector pump and possibly the injectors as well. I really don't want to mess anything up as it's not my truck. Any help is appreciated.

fill the filter full of fuel then spin it on. if it's an inline injector pump the plunger will be on the rear of the pump (towards the firewall). pump up the plunger until you feal resistance. start it up and let it idle. let it run for a few minutes. if there is any air in the system it'll work it's way out.

Brian

1959 B61T

The hand primer if its got one is on the side 2/3 way up and mounted on supply pump. It will never get hard to pump but will heard fuel returning to tank. You can crank it and it should start but if not crank maybe 3 injector lines on pump and crank till fuel flows out.Filters need to be full..

glenn akers

Thank you for the advice. We got it running today. There was no manual pump handle so we just filled the filter up and then cranked it. It started on the fourth attempt. I was afraid we would kill both marine batteries but they held out. Now to see about the engine coolant and the shift linkage.

The hand primer if its got one is on the side 2/3 way up and mounted on supply pump. It will never get hard to pump but will heard fuel returning to tank. You can crank it and it should start but if not crank maybe 3 injector lines on pump and crank till fuel flows out.Filters need to be full..

Yes it will get hars to pump bvut i was thinging it will not get hard like a cat fuel primer. Sorry for the mis info.

glenn akers