International Harvester Site

As yall know by now im BIG ON MY NAMESAKE WHICH IS :mack1: & other than maybe a Ford pickup there is no else on top of the list in my book far as Truck manufacters go .

But as far as farm tractors go im BIG ON A 06',56',66, 86 & 88 SERIES I.H. Tractor love to hear a ole I.H DT SERIES Stright piped Diesel pulling a newground disk or a reynolds dirt pan or land level or a double drum water filled sheepfoot roller w/ black smoke rolling .

heres a site i found not a member YET BUT ....... ;) Its a interesting site w/ message boards the site is called RedPower Magazine

Later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

As yall know by now im BIG ON MY NAMESAKE WHICH IS :mack1: & other than maybe a Ford pickup there is no else on top of the list in my book far as Truck manufacters go .

But as far as farm tractors go im BIG ON A 06',56',66, 86 & 88 SERIES I.H. Tractor love to hear a ole I.H DT SERIES Stright piped Diesel pulling a newground disk or a reynolds dirt pan or land level or a double drum water filled sheepfoot roller w/ black smoke rolling .

heres a site i found not a member YET BUT ....... ;) Its a interesting site w/ message boards the site is called RedPower Magazine

Later yall

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Bulldog man my brother had an 856 IH,but sold it and A White 2-85 and bought A John Deere to replace the two.Worst part though is he used to have A 350 Farmall and sold it for $800,because he didn't need it and rarely used it.I mean A nice tractor,not A rusty pile of junk.I told him 'I'd have given you $800 for it !" He said "for what,you don't have enough room to turn it around".I said "I know,but I'd still have given you $800 for it!"...I still think about that tractor-if I had that I could drive it in the parade,and if the mixer broke down I could tow it with the tractor,or vice versa!

thermodyne your quite welcome ;)

other dog : thats a cool story i too think of a few tractors & trucks too that my dad, great uncle & granddad had & I LOVED TO DRIVE OR OPERATE & They either traded or sold :(

my favorite tractors were a 1066 BLACKSTRIPE I.H. A 2590 Case & a 1256 I.H. All had duals ,& canopys & pulled dirt pans, disks , sheepfoot rollers but when we got a 2590w/ cab & air i put 5% limo tint on the glass i thought i was in hog heaven but the i.h tractors sounded better strightpiped than the case did to me

we had a 806 diesel that lil tractor was a hoss fer its size i liked putting a small landlevel behind it to fish grade tops of levvees & haul roads w/ i miss it wish i still had it but granddad sold it when i was bout 25 more like traded it for a 350 honda 4 wheeler :(

We had a 175C I.H Crawler loader it was alright but compared to the TD25C dozer W/I.H V-8 Diesel we used to clear land w/ the 175 was a baby .

I LIKE THE I.H. Equipment but the trucks always wouldnt go where a :mack1: or a autocar would go & also stayedd in shop more just wouldnt hold up like a :bulldog1: or Acar would

later yall

• 2 months later...
thermodyne your quite welcome ;)

other dog : thats a cool story i too think of a few tractors & trucks too that my dad, great uncle & granddad had & I LOVED TO DRIVE OR OPERATE & They either traded or sold :(

my favorite tractors were a 1066 BLACKSTRIPE I.H. A 2590 Case & a 1256 I.H. All had duals ,& canopys & pulled dirt pans, disks , sheepfoot rollers but when we got a 2590w/ cab & air i put 5% limo tint on the glass i thought i was in hog heaven but the i.h tractors sounded better strightpiped than the case did to me

we had a 806 diesel that lil tractor was a hoss fer its size i liked putting a small landlevel behind it to fish grade tops of levvees & haul roads w/ i miss it wish i still had it but granddad sold it when i was bout 25 more like traded it for a 350 honda 4 wheeler :(

We had a 175C I.H Crawler loader it was alright but compared to the TD25C dozer W/I.H V-8 Diesel we used to clear land w/ the 175 was a baby .

I LIKE THE I.H. Equipment but the trucks always wouldnt go where a :mack1: or a autocar would go & also stayedd in shop more just wouldnt hold up like a :bulldog1: or Acar would

later yall

I have a question-I pick up the free tractor magazines,with tractors and equipment for sale,at A lot of truckstops and pass them on to my brother and Dad because they like to look at 'em,and I notice they always mention when an IH is the black stripe. What does the black stripe mean? Are they different than the ones with the white stripe on the hood?

• 3 weeks later...

Other dog : sorry it took me a while to reply i just hadnt noticed the new replys latley in this topic :pat:

AS for the blackstripe was on the last year of the 66 series (1976) & alot of folks look for em to this day & i couldnt tell much difference if any my self but when ya hear bout em talk bout a blackstripe most of the time its refering to a 76' model of 66 series I.H. Farm tractors id like to have another one myself ;)

Later

:mack1: aka bulldog

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
BullDogMan, Thank You for post this site. Last year ( fall 2007 ) I bought my frist farm tractor International H for $1,500. I was also given a '66 ? International Harvester Scout I think of restoring.
I have a 64,65,or 66 scout half cab you can have if you want to move it-the man I bought it from took the distributor out of it,it was running before that.I had another '66 I was gonna fix,but that was right before my wife got sick,and it's been sitting at H.H.Moore trucking about 4 years now. They were sold to P.G.T. recently,and Larry Moore told me I needed to move it,and I was thinking of selling it for scrap of course,but i'd rather see somebody get some use out of it,and as far as I know the front end,rear end and transfer case are fine,the engine (152 cu.in. 4 cyl,half a 304) should be OK,and the body wasn't too bad either-it's just been setting for a long time now.