Looking for a new laptop and came across this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270963757242?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D270963757242%26_rdc%3D1#ht_11570wt_922

I'm looking for a new laptop and came across this on eBay. It says it has a program called pocketfleet? I haven't heard of this system do anyone have experience with or heard of? I wouldn't mind just being able to read not to program or not to change parameters. I also like the odbii capabilties. Does this look like a decent package for the price?

Thanks

"If you are new to computer diagnostics on trucks & auto, this is the perfect solution for you. Here is what is included in this listing:

Refurbished Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 - This is the toughest laptop you will find on the planet. You can drop it on concrete, get it wet, run it over with a car, and more. It will keep on ticking. The hard drive is shock mounted to prevent failure, and the doors are all water proof. We use this model laptop because it will withstand the daily abuse that it gets in a diesel shop or in the field.

P4 1.6 Ghz CPU

1.25 GB RAM

CD/DVD Drive

Wireless Internet

80 GB Hard Drive

6-month warranty given on all hardware! If it breaks during the 6-month warranty, I will cover the repairs!

Windows XP with SP3 & all updates

PocketFleet Diagnostics Full Heavy Duty Edition with OBDII - This is an UNIVERSAL software program that reads both truck & auto data. It not only reads engine data, but it reads everything else, including:

Gas & Diesel

Transmission

ABS

Cab Body Controllers

..and more!

Here is just a partial list of all the things you can do with this program:

View both active & inactive codes for engines, transmissions, DPF systems, and more.

Clear inactive codes

View the "live" data including all sensor and electronic data (Such as oil pressure, coolant temperature, status of on/off switch, etc...)

Force live regen's (On most models)

View engine data such as VIN #'s, engine hours, fuel used, miles driven, and much more.

Converts MID/PID/FMI codes to OEM codes up to 2010 models (More codes are constantly being converted)

Print DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes), current parameters, engine data, and more.

For International Engines - Perform Key On Engine Off Standard & Injector tests.

Monitor live data coming across the various computers.

The version installed on this laptop does both Heavy Duty & Auto. Here is a short list of vehicles that it has been tested on:

2012 Isuzu NPR

Cummins - All Engines

Detroit Diesel - All Engines

CAT Engines - On highway Only

John Deere 4045H Aux Engines

John Deere Agricultural Farm Tractor

John Deere 644K WHeeled Loader

MBE900 Engines

MBE4000 Engines

CASE 540 & 620E

Bendix

Wabco

Eaton - Transmission, VORAD, & ABS

Freightliner

International - Cab & Dash

Sterling

Peterbilt

Tackless

Carleston

VM Midsize Truck

Volvo 770 Grader

2011 Volvo FH12

Auto - All Domestics with OBDII (1996 to present)

Auto - All Imports with OBDII (1996 to present)

... and TONS more. Just email us if you have any questions!

This software includes 12-months of support & free updates. After 12-months, the fee is $100 per year. You do NOT have to pay this. You can just keep the current version you are on, but you will not receive and new code updates or software updates.

Nexiq USB Link with OBDII Connector - This is a brand new, genuine Nexiq USB Link, not the Chinese knock-off that you fine others selling. This is the absolute best device on the market today. It is manufactured by Nexiq (Owned by Snap On), and comes with a 12-month warranty. This comes with the following:

You will receive everything PRE-INSTALLED. You will not have to screw around with installation, configuration, or troubleshooting. All you will have to do it open the box, start up the computer, plug in the cables, and start diagnosing vehicles.

Detroit Diesel - Covers MBE900, MBE4000, Detroit Series 60, and new DD engines

International - Every possible manual from 1997 to January 2012

Mack - Master Service manuals, includes MP7, MP8, MP10, and more.

Volvo - Includes manuals for VN & VHD series

Workshorse Custom Chassis - All workhorse manuals from 2004 to current

ThermoKing - Parts & Service manuals for a variety of ThermoKing manuals

Please keep in mind that this item is for READING engine data only. If you want to be able to change parameters or need access to OEM specific testing capability, you will need to purchase OEM software. Please contact me if this is the case, and I will quote you on what you need.

NEXIQ USB-Link

6-pin/9-pin vehicle Y-adapter

15' USB cable

OBDII Cable (p/n 448013)

Configuration utility CD and manuals

Quick start reference guide

Service Manuals - This deal also comes with a wide assortment of service and troubleshooting manuals as well:

We only use Panasonic tougbooks in our shop. They are worth the money if they are used every day by different techs, They get rained on, dropped on the floor, oil spilled on them and thats on a good day. We have the Cummins Insight program which is awesome and of course the Mack/volvo VCADS/ PTT ( which everyone here hates with a passion) and we still use the old Mack software alot. For other trucks we use the Eaton MD-300 which works well on other makes and models of truck and engines and ABS.

I've seen this toughbooks in use in the field and like you said rain,snow,oil, dust, debris falling on them does not effect them. That in itself is very nice, but I seen it has this pocketfleet software on it which would come in handy if it's reputable and reliable.