Frame Question

I have a question yall like yall @ 1 time or another i have seen the frame crack @ 1 point oranother due to age or stress but ive always seen them crack behind the cab back as far as the rear tandem or around the trunion but never in front of the steer axle . :blink:

A old friend of my late granddad had a 86 RD686S factory double frame factory made :mack1: dump That the frame cracked right in front of steer axle on the drivers side last week

he said he was gonna part it out but im curious what could have caused this ? too much torque or POPPING THE CLUTCH While the truck was loaded or cutting too short while loaded ? Or a motor mount gone bad & too much torque& stress on the frame ?

im curious to know YOUR IDEAS YALL On this yall ive never seen a truck frame crack right in front of the steer axle

later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

The only places on the frame i have ever seen crack are behind the cab, or by the spring hanger shackle on the passenger side ( mostly due to the notch in the frame from the factory). Also when they double frame macks keep in mind they start the process at the front shock mount not at the very begining. If it were my guess thats where it cracked right at the shock mount.

Im curious let me know if u find out. Thanks ~Joe

• 2 weeks later...