Im looking at getting a Mack engine and have been doing some reading online. The one thing that I read was that the MB series was the "cheap" line that they had at the time while the cf would have been the nicer type. Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on this.

The engine that I am looking at has a Howe body and from what I am reading that is a lower end body as well?

Any thoughts on this would be great. I kind of like the my/mc series as they are a bit different and everyone(collector) doesn't have them, but don't want to get something that I am going to have issues with at some point.

Thanks

Doc

seems as though he is looking at a pumper.

Two different trucks though.

MB is a cab over,two seats and doghouse in the middle.

CF is cab forward, drivers seat and two person bench.

CF takes a little getting used to as you sit ahead of the steering axle

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

seems as though he is looking at a pumper.

Two different trucks though.

MB is a cab over,two seats and doghouse in the middle.

CF is cab forward, drivers seat and two person bench.

CF takes a little getting used to as you sit ahead of the steering axle

ok,,,now i see what he meant by cheap version...meaning inexpensive...bob

Im looking at getting a Mack engine and have been doing some reading online. The one thing that I read was that the MB series was the "cheap" line that they had at the time while the cf would have been the nicer type. Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on this.

The engine that I am looking at has a Howe body and from what I am reading that is a lower end body as well?

Any thoughts on this would be great. I kind of like the my/mc series as they are a bit different and everyone(collector) doesn't have them, but don't want to get something that I am going to have issues with at some point.

Thanks

Doc

well the cf is alott easier to find,,,thiers alot more of them.good luck..bob