Question, and Progress Day 5:

Well today my papa and I took some of the dash off and started taging some crap. When somebody put that radio in there they cobbed it up a little bit. Also we decided that we are goona put this dash in the new cab because I want it to be as original as possible and thie original dash has all the options that were ordered. But heres my question, in this picture the little plastic pieces that tell you what the nobs and switches are, can you get the little plastic pieces new? I doubt it but its worth a try. I'll prolly have to take them out of another truck. The one on the top left says parking lps, the one on the bottom right say parking lps, the one on the bottom left says off/on I think and I dont know what the other one says.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

It's been a while, but I thought the left toggle was the headlight switch, the middle knob was the dash lights and the right toggle was the marker lights. Up=on, down=off.

That's neat that a rental would be fully equipped, customer specs I guess.

Jim

Heres some wires......

Yep, thems wires.

Looks like there was a radio in there at some point, old shaft style. I think one or two companies still make them and I believe there are some companies that make custom retro styles for car restoration. Better off cutting the hole to fit a DIN style radio as they can be had for cheap and can play MP3's n the like.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Yep, thems wires.

Looks like there was a radio in there at some point, old shaft style. I think one or two companies still make them and I believe there are some companies that make custom retro styles for car restoration. Better off cutting the hole to fit a DIN style radio as they can be had for cheap and can play MP3's n the like.

we just took the radio out today. It has a casett player too. Do you want me to get a picture of it? The thing also worked too, on one station.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

we just took the radio out today. It has a casett player too. Do you want me to get a picture of it? The thing also worked too, on one station.

Those shaft radios were always fun to pull out. Little nut that has to turn 1000 times and always gets hung up on something behind the dash. because it has to go in from behind the dash and not the front like a DIN. Consider yourself lucky that you can pull the dash panel and remove the radio like that. My B model has a shaft radio with an 8 track player AND CB. Pretty neat how you can have music and CB at the same time but I bet you would loose your mind will all the noise after a while. Thankfully it too was mounted on an angle bracket someone made and bolted to the dash. It was covered in oil and grime from the leaky wiper valve.

Is it a radio shack brand realistic? they were popular at one point. My mothers Blazer (83' K5) had one.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!