Injector Pump On A Thermodyne

dduquain

I have a thermodyne engine,non turbo in my 1965 b-model. It is a Roosamaster pump. Is that a cheap fix or was roosamaster put on some Macks? I put some of those pumps on logging equipment and stationary pumps for water and generators. It runs pretty good but was wondering if that was what was used back then. I have a 1963 B-model for parts and it has a bosch pump on it. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a thermodyne engine,non turbo in my 1965 b-model. It is a Roosamaster pump. Is that a cheap fix or was roosamaster put on some Macks? I put some of those pumps on logging equipment and stationary pumps for water and generators. It runs pretty good but was wondering if that was what was used back then. I have a 1963 B-model for parts and it has a bosch pump on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it definitely a Roosa Master, or could it be an American Bosch PSJ rotary pump?

Never saw a Roosa Master on a Mack engine, but the PSJ kinda resembles a Roosa Master, and was used in that time period.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Is it definitely a Roosa Master, or could it be an American Bosch PSJ rotary pump?

Never saw a Roosa Master on a Mack engine, but the PSJ kinda resembles a Roosa Master, and was used in that time period.

I remember the roosa master pump on mack engines and that was in 1965 and 1966 but was on r models but could have been used on b models also they were had to start if they did not have a electric fuel pump put on to push fuel to the injection pump.they could not have been much good I remember and have worked on the psj and psm pumps that the end664 used and it was a short lived pump glenn

glenn akers

It is a roosamaster with the copper washers between the injector line and the pump and on the head of the bolt holding the line onto the pump. It has an electric fuel pump by the fuel tank and a spin on filter there as well. It runs good sometimes and then again it won't make 25mph. Took the tank off flushed it out and installed new fuel lines. Cleaned the screen in the injector pump as well. If I take the other injector pump off of my 63 B-model with a turbo do I have to change the injectors to match the pump? If I do all that will the pistons hold up,being a non turbo engine? Maybe I should try a higher volume/gpm electric fuel pump. I want to start hauling gravel and time is getting close to hit 'er. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

It is a roosamaster with the copper washers between the injector line and the pump and on the head of the bolt holding the line onto the pump. It has an electric fuel pump by the fuel tank and a spin on filter there as well. It runs good sometimes and then again it won't make 25mph. Took the tank off flushed it out and installed new fuel lines. Cleaned the screen in the injector pump as well. If I take the other injector pump off of my 63 B-model with a turbo do I have to change the injectors to match the pump? If I do all that will the pistons hold up,being a non turbo engine? Maybe I should try a higher volume/gpm electric fuel pump. I want to start hauling gravel and time is getting close to hit 'er. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

The roosamaster pump has a gear pump on the end that can go bad and you will have to send the injector pump to a rebuild shop to tesr it. glenn

glenn akers