So on a scale of 1 to 10 how rare is a B61LT "L" as in "Light" with aluminum components like these aluminum spring hangers?

On a B model, not too common. On an older truck and not broken, very rare. Don't know if they would be worth anything however unless a 100 point restoration is being performed.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

On a B model, not too common. On an older truck and not broken, very rare. Don't know if they would be worth anything however unless a 100 point restoration is being performed.

Rob

Well you may find this interesting....a long while back I mentioned that I know of two other trucks that belonged to my dad. This is one of em... And it happens to be an "LT". Im considering trying to bring this home so it doesn't disappear into oblivion in the future.

post-6282-0-29021900-1332209454_thumb.jp

Well you may find this interesting....a long while back I mentioned that I know of two other trucks that belonged to my dad. This is one of em... And it happens to be an "LT". Im considering trying to bring this home so it doesn't disappear into oblivion in the future.

If it would mean something to you it by all means is worth something. I'd save it just because I can avoid it being scrapped. One man's junk is another treasure as we all know. That truck being a family member's former possession is worth having just because of the history.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

This Omaha orange paint job and that "Barrett" script was pretty much his trademark when the company was in full swing. This is actually how my B67 looked at one time. As you can see the orange underneath where the green is flaking.
Shit I must have something wrong with my eyes cause when I first read your second post I read "Obama" orange!!! I thought Jesus Christ, I must be losing it but then came to my senses and re read the post.

All is better now.

Send Leslie one of those crossmembers.

Rob

If it would mean something to you it by all means is worth something. I'd save it just because I can avoid it being scrapped. One man's junk is another treasure as we all know. That truck being a family member's former possession is worth having just because of the history.

Rob

My friend you seem to understand my thought process....

This is the other one that remains

post-6282-0-10707900-1332209830_thumb.jp

Shit I must have something wrong with my eyes cause when I first read your second post I read "Obama" orange!!! I thought Jesus Christ, I must be losing it but then came to my senses and re read the post.

All is better now.

Send Leslie one of those crossmembers.

Rob

Funny I thought about that too...for Leslie. Thing is Im not entirely sure thats for one of ours...I kinda think someone just chucked that on there as that one seems to have all of its crossmembers...I'll have to take a look again.

My friend you seem to understand my thought process....

This is the other one that remains

I am blessed to have the all the room I would ever need to store trucks, or whatever else my heart desires without complaints from neighbors. It is always sad to see remnants you are familiar with from another time but they have earned their rest in the retirement years. I have nothing against robbing, (no pun) a chassis of it's parts to keep another going but I will not junk anything Mack.

Rob

Funny I thought about that too...for Leslie. Thing is Im not entirely sure thats for one of ours...I kinda think someone just chucked that on there as that one seems to have all of its crossmembers...I'll have to take a look again.

Doesn't matter. If too long slice it down the center vertically and weld it back together after bolting it in the truck. If too short either do the same and add a section, or plate on the ends to make up for the difference. Chances are they are too long.

Rob

Another shot of truck 2

Any scrap of a chassis still has something useful to someone even if not oneself.

Rob

I am blessed to have the all the room I would ever need to store trucks, or whatever else my heart desires without complaints from neighbors. It is always sad to see remnants you are familiar with from another time but they have earned their rest in the retirement years. I have nothing against robbing, (no pun) a chassis of it's parts to keep another going but I will not junk anything Mack.

Rob

This is my dilemma. I want to bring these home.....just for the satisfaction of knowing I DECIDE the fate of my fathers faithful old iron and it doesn't just get scrapped. But then I think "well am I biting off too much?" I dont have as much room as I'd like..... But I dont think I'll be content until I do bring these home one day.