Mack Over The Road Trucks

Hey guys I am new to Mack trucks as far as over the road types. We use them in the oil company I work for but for rig up trucks and stuff. How do they compare to Petes or KWs.?

And if I were to get a new one for over the road heavy haul use which would you guys recommend.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys I am new to Mack trucks as far as over the road types. We use them in the oil company I work for but for rig up trucks and stuff. How do they compare to Petes or KWs.?

And if I were to get a new one for over the road heavy haul use which would you guys recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everybody,

I really wish somebody will respond to this post.

Im in a similar situation. I just got a R model 1977 which I dont know if its best suited for the kind of application I intend to put it to.

thanks

Amen!

Even though the Granite vocational model is Mack's best seller, the Pinnacle has plenty to recommend it. For starters, you can have a Pinnacle, even with a sleeper, built on the same heavy duty frame as the Granite. In fact, you could spec a Pinnacle as an over the road tractor pre-speced with that heavy duty frame, 44k rears, 14.6k front axle, and an 8LL transmission all ready to convert to a dump truck when it's retired from over the road service. You can also spec a Pinnacle with the Mack exclusive 6 speed Maxitorque for easier urban driving. Topping it all off is a cab that's been out for nearly 20 years now and you still can't find a rusty or rattly one, with the option of a removable sleeper to boost resale value.

Amen!

Even though the Granite vocational model is Mack's best seller, the Pinnacle has plenty to recommend it. For starters, you can have a Pinnacle, even with a sleeper, built on the same heavy duty frame as the Granite. In fact, you could spec a Pinnacle as an over the road tractor pre-speced with that heavy duty frame, 44k rears, 14.6k front axle, and an 8LL transmission all ready to convert to a dump truck when it's retired from over the road service. You can also spec a Pinnacle with the Mack exclusive 6 speed Maxitorque for easier urban driving. Topping it all off is a cab that's been out for nearly 20 years now and you still can't find a rusty or rattly one, with the option of a removable sleeper to boost resale value.

• 1 month later...

I work for John Grant Haulage a bulk cement hauler in Mississauga On,a Mack customer since B61 days.We have new Macks with Semi auto 10 speeds(visions).They are nice trucks with big bunks and pull well.We gross 60,000KG(132,270#),they pull it well.

I had a 96 CH613,427 and 18 speed (all Mack) till 2006 when I sold it.A great truck.

A lot of the companies that started in the50's that used Macks then are still around,some of them still Mack customers.

Pete

• 9 months later...

Thanks in advance.

YEAH MAN THE PINNACLE (CHU,CXU) THE CHU IS THE AXLE FORWARD AND THE CXU IS THE AERO AXLE BACK. CGO TO macktrucks.com, AND CHECK OUT THE SITE YOU CAN GET MOST EVERY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE ANSWERED JUST BY SURFING AROUND. BY THE WAY CHECK OUT THE PINNACLE RAWHIDE ..... EAT YOUR HEART OUT PETE OF TRASH. :SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-LFT:

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance.

I've got an01 :mack1: Vision with the old 80" highrise sleeper, nowadays you cann't get the 80" on a new :mack1:" THANX FOR NOTHING VULGARVO" anyway what do you mean by heavy haul van,flatbed,reefer,tank or are you talking R.G.N. lowboy,ect. The axle forward CH OR CHU is perfect for R.G.N. type work and the old Vision or new Pinnacle axle back trucks for just about everything else and I get between 6 and 7 mpg depending on weight. Good luck and check out the :mack1: web site or ask barry.

post-2321-1212523517_thumb.jpg

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS