Trq7220

michael57

Hi i have a R609 RST with a TRQ7220 QUADBOX can anyone tell me what the turque rating is for this transmissiom and what HP motor can it take Thanks for all the help Regards Michael

Also Rob have you had a cance to get anything on your 711 turbo, no hurry as i still have a lot to still do to it as only down to the chassis and hope to paint soon. When you get a chance can you message me with it thanks R609

Hi i have a R609 RST with a TRQ7220 QUADBOX can anyone tell me what the turque rating is for this transmissiom and what HP motor can it take

Not sure what the actual torque rating is on a TRQ7220, but in the past I have transplanted an ENDT675 (237hp) Maxidyne, and also an ENDT 676 (285hp) Maxidyne into trucks with the TRQ7220, and the transmissions held up okay.

I know there are others who may differ with my opinion on this, but that has been my experience.

It's just like anything else, if it's driven properly and shifted smoothly, it will last a long time even with a high torque engine bolted up to it.

If it's driven rough and shifted improperly, it will break even with an END673 170 hp engine bolted up to it.

Personally, I'd keep the quadbox.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

There is a fellow in Ohio that bought a LTL that had a big Cummins and a quad box in it. Ya, talk about overpowered, but like HK says, it's all in the driver. Keep the power level smooth and it will survive. Hotrod it once and ya it'll come apart real quick.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

There is a fellow in Ohio that bought a LTL that had a big Cummins and a quad box in it. Ya, talk about overpowered, but like HK says, it's all in the driver. Keep the power level smooth and it will survive. Hotrod it once and ya it'll come apart real quick.

Thanks for all the help sorry to be a pest but i don't know much about this old Mack but are learning fast thanks to all of you Regards R609

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i have a R609 RST with a TRQ7220 QUADBOX can anyone tell me what the turque rating is for this transmissiom and what HP motor can it take Thanks for all the help Regards Michael

Also Rob have you had a cance to get anything on your 711 turbo, no hurry as i still have a lot to still do to it as only down to the chassis and hope to paint soon. When you get a chance can you message me with it thanks R609

Im sure the torque rating of a TRQ7220 is 720lbs/ft. People have put them behind ENDT675's with a torque rate of 900+