Transmission wrapped in Jeep:

Rob

Just about too heavy for my little POS but ole "Crusty" is still down so had to make do.

Pretty heavy no matter how you look at it.

Rob

post-78-0-35093200-1329617165_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-46477900-1329617169_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-97625400-1329617172_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-73914100-1329617176_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-46255200-1329617180_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-13190800-1329617184_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You may need to add some spring-age to the back of the jeep if you keep up this haulin' thing.

I loaded a 1800 pound Atlas Copco pavement breaker for a backhoe into a mini-van last week - the guy took off to Wy in it - I don't have the balls to do that.

And we all know Rob doesn't have the balls to do anything.

Dont get gear oil on the carpet!

That Jeep has conveyor belting, (literally) for a mat on the rear floor. The T2090 trans was drained before loading, but is one heavy sob.

I knew I saved that pallet for something a couple years ago because it was small, just didn't know why at the time.......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I just noticed in the background in your shop a Rotary lift. I need a set of those metal tube extensions for lifting trucks with running boards or uneven frames for one of mine. If you ever see a extra set laying around somewhere grab 'em for me. I know I should make some, but that is pretty low on the list.

I just noticed in the background in your shop a Rotary lift. I need a set of those metal tube extensions for lifting trucks with running boards or uneven frames for one of mine. If you ever see a extra set laying around somewhere grab 'em for me. I know I should make some, but that is pretty low on the list.

I have two of those Rotary Lifts; one symetrical, one asymetrical. I bought the adapters new with them about 10 years ago. I've seen a couple sets listed on ebay a few times through the years quite a bit cheaper than purchasing new.

They are quite necessary for lifting a lot of newer pickup trucks.

Rob

I am so dense - I never thought of looking on there for them - I'll start a new daily search.

I have a 10,000 pound two post Rotary inside the shop and a 9,000 pound outside on the apron for cutting off gas tanks and converters. But I wish I had a four post drive on - half the time we put one on the lift we just are taking a quick look around under the car, and it would be a lot easier than having to swing in and line up the arms on the two posts.

I was in a power plant at a utility the other day and they had a set of eight of those independant lift things that you can position anywhere down the side. They had a six wheel drive International with a digger derrick crane up in the air replacing the pump. Pretty impressive - that thing weighed every bit of 50,000.