Mitsu-Fuso

Timothy Maikshilo

I spent some time in Japan and saw a lot of trucks like this but not 4 axle tractors. All the Japanese manufacturers like Hino, Mitsubishi, Nissan Diesel and Isuzu provide the full range from light livery vans right up to heavyweights including semi articulated.

In the last few years Hino seem to have made inroads here in the UK especially with mixer and dump trucks.

I spent some time in Japan and saw a lot of trucks like this but not 4 axle tractors. All the Japanese manufacturers like Hino, Mitsubishi, Nissan Diesel and Isuzu provide the full range from light livery vans right up to heavyweights including semi articulated.

In the last few years Hino seem to have made inroads here in the UK especially with mixer and dump trucks.

THe trucks over there are amazing...in Tokyo, EVERY truck shines like a new penny! Chrome everywhere, cleanest things on the road I have ever seen...some of the big FUSEOs are pretty cool looking too!

And WhiskeyMack is right, they make trucks in about twenty different sizes!

Even the tires are perfectly clean!

post-6773-0-70722500-1328573605_thumb.jp

Plenty of heavy duty Japanese trucks in Australia and New Zealand. In those two countries American, European and Japanese trucks are all sold and operated. Now that's competition.

My prediction is that Hino will be the first Japanese truck makers to offer a Class 8 truck here in the USA. They already build heavy rigs for Australia/NZ with mostly North American components, don't see why they wouldn't attempt to break into the North American Market.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!