2000 Mack Rd Engine

RModelMackFan

post-1382-1174678950_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, my name is Graham and I'm new to this fourm. Just wanted to share some pictures of my fire department's source engine, a 2000 Mack RD. The truck is awesomely powerful and you can hear it coming from a mile away. The truck has a 1750 GPM pump, 250 gallon booster tank, 5000 feet of 5 inch supply line, and a custom body built by Gowans Knight. It also has an automatic transmission and "butterfly" style hood since the front mounted pump obstructs the normal hood tilt. I also posted various photos of Mack fire apparatus from the old days in my department as well as recent ones from parades and fire scenes. LI would love to know what you think of our engine. Its too bad Mack doesnt make fire apparatus any more!

Edited by RModelMackFan

BFD Engine 108: Bedford's Bulldog

Nice pictures, i've been meaning to get some pictures of that engine but never got around to it. I have some pictures of Banksvilles fleet on my webshots. I actually work right next door to the banksville fire house, they're one of the only places around that still uses the air horn when a call comes in. Heres a picture of Stamfords Turn of Rivers tanker, actually the picture was taken at Banksville anniversary parade a few years back.

For more pics of our truck, theres a few more in my "gallery" on this site. You can also check out my Webshots at http://community.webshots.com/user/Bedford...vhost=community

BKrois-you've got some great pics of Bankvilles apparatus, and the one above of the "supertanker" is great. My department still uses the "airhorn" when a call comes in, and there have been many a times where Ive confused Banksvilles horn with ours. They have a nice fleet of equipment, and Macks too.

Edited by RModelMackFan

BFD Engine 108: Bedford's Bulldog

For more pics of our truck, theres a few more in my "gallery" on this site. You can also check out my Webshots at http://community.webshots.com/user/Bedford...vhost=community

BKrois-you've got some great pics of Bankvilles apparatus, and the one above of the "supertanker" is great. My department still uses the "airhorn" when a call comes in, and there have been many a times where Ive confused Banksvilles horn with ours. They have a nice fleet of equipment, and Macks too.

You have a PM.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"