What Do You Think Of The New Ulsd Fuel So Far?

Barry

March Poll  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new ULSD fuel so far?

• I hate it! ULSD is bad for equipment!
    • I like ULSD because it is better for the enviorment!
    • I don't mind ULSD...I haven't noticed any changes so far...

:SMOKIE-LFT: THE TROUBLE I HAVE HAD WITH ULSD IS THAT WHEN THEY TAKE ALMOST ALL THE SULFUR OUT OF THE FUEL IT TAKES MOST OF THE CEATAIN OR BTU RATING OUT OF IT . I HAVEN'T HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH O-RINGS YET , BUT I ALSO USE ALOT OF LUCAS IN THE FUEL . I HAVE NOTICED SINCE THEY STARTED PUSHING IT OFF ON US UP HERE ABOUT THE LAST 6 MONTHS OR SO THAT WE'RE NOT GETTING THE POWER OUT OF IT AND THE MILAGE IS DOWN. MY SHELL FUEL DISTRIBUTOR EVEN TOLD ME THAT THE LACK OF SULFUR IS WHY. NOT ENOUGH BTU'S . HE SAID THAT THE OIL COMPANIES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ADDING THINGS TO THE FUEL , BUT HE DOES'NT THINK THE ARE . JUST PASSING OFF THIS GARBAGE ON TO THE CONSUMER. IT'S NOT JUST AFFECTING MY OLD MECHANICAL E9 . MY BUDDY S WITH THERE ELECTRONIC CATERPILLER AND CUMMINS ENGINES ANRE NOTICING IT JUST LIKE I AM. I THINK ULSD IS THE WORST THING THEY COULD HAVE DONE TO US. TAKE ALL OF THE BTU RATING OUT SO WE GET LESS POWER OUT OF IT - LESS POWER - BURN MORE FUEL = MORE MONEY FOR FUEL AND LESS FOR ME.

• 2 weeks later...

MY SUPPLIER STILL GETS ME LSD, FOR NOW. BUT SOONER OR LATER I WILL HAVE TO GET ULSD :angry: . I'VE HEARD BAD THINGS ABOUT WHAT IT DOES TO PUMPS AND MILEAGE :angry: . I ALSO USE LUCAS ADDITIVES IN MY FUEL, WINTER AND SUMMER.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

• 1 month later...