When's Macungie?

jward

I'm new to this site, but not to bulldoggers. Are you guys talking about the bulldog roundup,and if so is that a pretty good show. I've been looking for some :mack1: only shows to go to. I'm usually so busy poorin asphalt in the summer to remember to look for any. I'm tired of goin to shows and seein nothin but petes,kenworths, and freightliners. I love this site, and listening to all of the knowledge. Thanks for any help

Macungie is Father's Day Weekend. I believe it is June 15th-17th, 2007. The Bulldog Round Up is in Hagerstown, MD but I'm not sure when it is yet.

ps...moved to the Events forum

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Macungie is Father's Day Weekend. I believe it is June 15th-17th, 2007. The Bulldog Round Up is in Hagerstown, MD but I'm not sure when it is yet.

ps...moved to the Events forum

If you want to see Macks you need to go to Macungie you wont be disapointed,been there since 2000 wont miss it for anything,one hellava show and swapmeet, they have buses takeing you to the Mack factory all day Sat. Ron

All of the info regarding the ATCA National Meet, June 15 & 16, 2007 held at Macungie, PA can be found at:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Be sure to check it out!

As it has been said many times over.

How can you consider yourself an antique truck fan if you haven't been to the ATCA National Meet in Macungie!!!!!!!

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

Go to Macungie,Pa. it is Fathers Day Weekend. I have to say Saturday has the most trucks and vendors.Usually the first weekend of October is "Gearharts All Mack Day" It is a very good show for all Mack products past and present.It also includes Brockway as they were a division of Mack Trucks from the Mid 50's on until end of production in 1977. You will not be disappointed in either show. Joe D.

Thanks for the info guys, I put it on my calender. I can't wait. :thumb:

It dosent mater what the featured truck is, there are more MACKS at Macungie than any thing else.i would like to make it to Roger Gearharts show in Litiz,PA. this year. Ron

• 1 month later...

I have two questions about the Macungie show since this year will be my first one.

1. I understand the assembly plant is open for walkthoughs, will the "stock yard" be open also as it was at the 100yr Celebration, or just the plant it self?

2. Other than at the assembly plant, how many "newer" trucks can I expect to see (2000-2008) at the show? Nothing against old trucks, but I like new ones better.

I have two questions about the Macungie show since this year will be my first one.

1. I understand the assembly plant is open for walkthoughs, will the "stock yard" be open also as it was at the 100yr Celebration, or just the plant it self?

2. Other than at the assembly plant, how many "newer" trucks can I expect to see (2000-2008) at the show? Nothing against old trucks, but I like new ones better.

Mack's stock yard is usually guarded by a single guard...if you ask nicely, he'll let you drive back and look around. I've been there on weekends when there was no guard and just drove back to look around. As far as the show, there are usually only several new trucks that Mack brings down and a handful of late models in the show itself. I think it will still be a good time for ya!

bmodel_logo.png

• 1 month later...

The show is being promoted for Friday, Sat & Sun...but we always set up on Friday and stay all day Saturday. Never been there on a Sunday, so I am not sure. We will be setting up a little early on Friday this year...

Hope to see everyone there!

bmodel_logo.png

The show is being promoted for Friday, Sat & Sun...but we always set up on Friday and stay all day Saturday. Never been there on a Sunday, so I am not sure. We will be setting up a little early on Friday this year...

Hope to see everyone there!

This year we are not promoting Sunday, typically the crowd and participants take off on Saturday and the field is empty on Sunday. I have been pushing for this change for years, the shown field is pretty empty on Sunday so we are making some changes to our schedule of events.

If you have to choose between Friday or Saturday, Friday has better flea-market finds but Saturday has more trucks.

I suggest staying for both days, it is kind of like splitting Christmas Eve from Christmas Day!

Doug

ATCA V.P.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

Went to Mucungie this weekend. I appreciate everyone's feedback. On the way over from Ohio, my car hauler buddy and I were hoping it was going to be worth the 7 hour drive after a 70 hour work week. Man i'll tell you what, we were in awe the whole day saturday. Between the superdogs,r's and b''s and the plant tour, i've never had such a good time. It was nice to see all the Autocars and Diamond Reo's too. I just about blew my wife's new camara up taking pictures,once I figured out how to use it.

Thanks again,

Jeff