setting jake and valves on 4 valve E7

diesel

I did a search, but did not help with my question. I am installing a Jacobs 680B on my 1992 4-valve E7. Following the directions, I set the exhaust yokes so there is .010" clearance. With engine at #1 TDC, I installed the Jakes and set jake at .080" . I then did the exhaust at .024" and intake at .016". I followed the 1-5-3-6-2-4 firing order with the flywheel on the valve setting markes. I was doing some double-checking and notice things are fine when the proper cylinder is on the valve setting mark, but 2 or 3 other valves will be extremely loose. If I run them the the proper cylinder mark on the flywheel, the settings will be correct. It appears the pushrods are not all the way down, when I am adjusting the jake and valves. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

I believe you have to apply downward pressure to the push rod side while your adjust the valves,if you do that and are adjusting in firing order at tdc on the compression stroke,you should be good,make sure your on the compression stroke,good luck.

I did a search, but did not help with my question. I am installing a Jacobs 680B on my 1992 4-valve E7. Following the directions, I set the exhaust yokes so there is .010" clearance. With engine at #1 TDC, I installed the Jakes and set jake at .080" . I then did the exhaust at .024" and intake at .016". I followed the 1-5-3-6-2-4 firing order with the flywheel on the valve setting markes. I was doing some double-checking and notice things are fine when the proper cylinder is on the valve setting mark, but 2 or 3 other valves will be extremely loose. If I run them the the proper cylinder mark on the flywheel, the settings will be correct. It appears the pushrods are not all the way down, when I am adjusting the jake and valves. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Your seting it fine if you are setting on the v/s marks ! the loosness on the other valves is normal ! It has to do with the cam being ground for the dynatard application this cam is used irreguardless if a jake brake is installed .I don't like your method of yoke set!I hold the yoke straight down tight, turn the yoke screw till it contacts then turn the screw 1 flat of the nut and spike it tight! just another way of doing it I guess! If the book says ten thou then it must be correct.